Fitting out your motorhome: All the trades
 #62192  by John&Helen
 Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:32 pm
Theres always something needs doing, tell us what you did today to maybe spur on others to do something similar.

Me, today I fitted an isolating switch to the gas heater thermostat controller. I replace the faulty thermostat a few months ago.
I tested all the gas appliances (fridge, water heater, cooktop, gas heater) last weekend. This morning I heard the gas heater working, only to find Id left the thermostat on 18C and forgot to switch it to the Frost setting.
Uncomfortable with the fact it might switch on even at that setting (it happened on a previous MH), I interrupted the two wire cable and added in a isolating switch.

Now, OFF will definitely be off, and no half empty gas bottle surprises at the campsite.

#62224  by petercw
 Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:09 am
Turned her into a shed as we r moving home I had to empty my work shed out in advance. Poor old thing won't talk to me, doesn't like the the new look at all but it's ok only for one journey then we'll give her a big clean out and get traveling to keep her happy.
Cheers
 #62247  by John&Helen
 Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:40 pm
In preparation for tomorrows WOF, on a road test stopped at a weighbridge and took these readings.

Hilux front axles 1140kg
Hilux complete 2760kg
Hilux and 5th wheeler 5150kg
5th wheeler tandem axles only 2400kg

The 5th wheeler is 2700kg which means something like 300kg resting on the coupling
Pay with Paymate Express