#101256  by Jip.C.Jaybird
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:18 am
Wind speed took me by surprise last week and my wee camper was not happy with the rock ,n, roll steps required. Neither was I.
I was thinking knowing the wind speed would be an advantage before and travelling and updates on the journey. I,m talking about not having Internet coverage at the time. I know about those home gadgets, but is there anything portable? For those with a sense of humour ........ No, I could not wet my finger and stick it out the window :?
 #101257  by NeilV
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:27 am
:D look at the local tree leaves?

Seriously though, of putting a wind propellor on the roof, think sustainably and go with a small generator version? Sod solar, harvest the breeze AND know the wind speed?
 #101259  by Jip.C.Jaybird
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:43 am
Hi Grant. That looks interesting.
Nev. What leaves? They had all blown off the trees. :D when Southerners talk about wind speed it means the type that sissy Northerners would be hiding under the blankets type of wind.
 #101260  by MG366
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:44 am
[quote="Jip.C.Jaybird" when Southerners talk about wind speed it means the type that sissy Northerners would be hiding under the blankets type of wind.[/quote]
:TU
 #101264  by NeilV
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:11 am
Jip.C.Jaybird wrote:Hi Grant. That looks interesting.
Nev. What leaves? They had all blown off the trees. :D when Southerners talk about wind speed it means the type that sissy Northerners would be hiding under the blankets type of wind.
even better reason to 'harness' it then? :lol:
 #101267  by cherokee94nz
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 am
Due to wind coming in gusts at times I would say if at any time you are feeling not happy driving in high winds its time to park up somewhere until the wind drops.
 #101268  by beanpole
 Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:04 am
If you see the plastic road marker posts lying parallel to the ground, you know you should have stayed at home.
Marker posts give a fairly good indication of wind direction and speed if they are waving to you.
Gordon
Pay with Paymate Express