#100944  by releivingbob
 Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:55 pm
just had a potential buyer for our motorhome checking out compliance costs with VTNZ in Levin, mark the manager has told him that that he needs a LPG certificate for compliance and that our calipont is illegal.. Motorhome has been brought over from Australia this year. where it was "GAS" certified... I am far from impressed as he has been told all windows need to be certificated as well and they actually labelled with A/NZ std labels... So basically VTNZ is telling him it will cost like 7500 to comply and registered with all the above as well as what we know needs doing eg, seatbelt certification as NZ will not accept Aus certification, ALSO been told it has to have a electricial cert even tho it has no 230v power - its all solar @12v. Tho in the past I have never known gas and electrical matters to have anything to do with VTNZ.

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER and frankly I can't deal with the stress of it all currently..
 #100947  by petercw
 Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:18 pm
Haven't yet..5 yrs now, got one coming up in a couple of weeks... Will see..
 #100955  by Karmann57
 Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 pm
I suspect you are confusing the basic COF with the other compliance requirements around importing a motorhome. This link covers your gas situation about 3 pages down the document. Further down around page 6 covers the electrics.

http://www.energysafety.govt.nz/documen ... 0pages.pdf
 #100964  by releivingbob
 Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:52 pm
No matter , I just turned down 50,000 cash offer... frankly I don't need the stress when people want everything for nothing. There is stuff that he was told were not included in sale and he comes back and wants it all, over it, Worth more to strip it out and use all the goodies for my up and coming granny flat build... :-)
 #100997  by Mark S.
 Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:15 pm
I suspect your lost buyer was doing the big try on. EWOF and Gas COF are nothing to do with COF> Gas if you have a tank, not bottles has to be certified. He may think bus is LPG of course, not all mechanics are clever just like the rest of us.
I would go to Testing Station with vehicle and get check done. May cost $110 but then you have the list rather than a maybe con job from someone else.
Pay with Paymate Express