#146186  by Carren
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:31 am
Hi

I filled my 9kg gas bottle a few days ago and everything has been working fine until today. We had a deluge of heavy rain over the past couple of days and when I went to light a burner this morning, the flame is almost invisible with an orange tinge. Not the usual blue. I have tried all four burners and they are all behaving the same way. I turned everything off as I’m too nervous to use it like that.

Is there any remote possibility water can have somehow got into the gas lines? I can’t see how it could but the stove was working fine yesterday so trying to figure out why things have changed overnight.

I have a gas/Carbon monoxide alarm which has not gone off so at least that is reassuring.

Any advice/suggestions please?
 #146191  by idex
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:36 pm
Could it be a faulty regulator?
 #146192  by *Glenn*
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:45 pm
The bleed screw on the bottle may not have been closed properly and the gas may have leaked out. I have had that happen once. I always check now and weigh my bottles from time to time to keep an eye out on my usage.
 #146194  by *Glenn*
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:55 pm
Forgot to say.... if you can, weigh the bottle. A full 9kg bottle weighs 18.5kg
 #146205  by Carren
 Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 am
Thanks for the suggestions. Weirdly enough I tried it again a couple of hours later and all burners lit and worked as they should. My neighbour said it could have been moisture in the gas lines so hopefully that’s all it was. Had been pretty chilly for the two or three rainy days we had had, so maybe condensation?

All back to normal and blue flame now.
Pay with Paymate Express