#149717  by 2swiftys
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:18 am
Not sure if this has been asked before but is there an adapter which i can buy to fit my 9kg gas bottle so i can use my gas bbq as well as everything else in the caravan. Any help would be appreciated. cheers
 #149719  by Minnie
 Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:07 am
2swiftys wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:18 am
Not sure if this has been asked before but is there an adapter which i can buy to fit my 9kg gas bottle so i can use my gas bbq as well as everything else in the caravan. Any help would be appreciated. cheers
Can you? — Yes (there's all sorts of adaptors you can buy on-line)

Are you legally allowed to do so? — It depends on what valve you have and what you are trying to reconfigure it to. You can turn a POL valve into a QCC valve. The other thing is that if you are following the letter of the law, the adaptor is meant to be permanently fixed using lock-tight.
http://www.gasnz.org.nz/uploads/images/ ... Valves.pdf

The alternative is to get someone to change your BBQ regulator to the same connection used in your van. Don't use hose (Jubilee) clips to secure the connection.
 #150476  by linrae
 Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:40 pm
2swiftys
How about some feedback on how you got on with gasfitter.
 #150488  by 2swiftys
 Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:00 pm
Thanks heaps for all the info everyone, but have decided to just buy a separate gas bottle for my barbie.
 #151318  by Legs11
 Sun May 12, 2019 11:11 am
That decision is a great one. Don't use adapters on gas bottles, every adapter introduces two new leakage point around your cylinder, not good practice. Either change the regulator to fit the cylinder or get another cylinder that fits.
Pay with Paymate Express