#91898  by jackthelad
 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:16 pm
The operative phrase is 'corrosion resistant'. Coat of paint or primer on any suitable material meets that requirement.
 #91900  by joncar
 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:29 pm
Good idea Neil. Have 9mm treated ply - no metal to metal! I was planning on a t/ply base with a rounded plug on top of it so as bottle base will be held snug. Plus metal strap. I would polyurethane the ply. Am still trying to find a gas fitter who is a member of 'PGDB'.
 #91902  by joncar
 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:32 pm
Hopefully the answer will be that simple, Jackthelad.
 #95573  by Wornout
 Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:18 am
We are using a chilly bin to fit our 2kg bottle. It is sealed, it has clips to keep it tight and we have drilled holes and put pipe in for the vents and sealed the holes round the pipes. it just fits our gas bottle and is secured to the van so not movement.
 #96112  by Wornout
 Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 am
vansvilla wrote:Hi Cowgirl,
Just make sure that they are good and strong, you need to consider restraint of the bottles in all conceivable situations including being impacted.
Back in Auckland on Friday if any help.

cheers
John.
Hi John are you a gas certify person? if so what area in auckland. We would like some advice.

cheers
Michelle
 #96123  by vansvilla
 Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:09 pm
Sorry Michelle,
Not a gas fitter, since that post the gas regs have been changed.
 #96124  by Wornout
 Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:58 pm
oh Ok thats sad, having a hard time finding one close to Orewa as our van is not warranted and rego on hold. and the one I did manage to track down was going to charge me travel just to talk to us and tell us whats what. What we can do and need to do. We need to know before we start putting the gas stuff back in.
 #96367  by bushvet
 Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:07 pm
Hi Joncar,

If you haven't found anyone local yet, I have had some dealings with Darrell at Heatright on Bourke St in Palmerston Nth. He seems very approachable and has some knowledge of the gas regs as they apply to motorhomes
Pay with Paymate Express