Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #99676  by MarieCB
 Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:31 pm
We have trouble accessing TV with our dome i.e. when just light rain, we get interference. Have polished dome with Rainguard but no difference. Also, takes ages to locate satellite. Wondering whether we would get this problem with a wind up type?
 #99678  by Roamnz
 Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 pm
Where are you at the moment Marie? If down south there is a very good chap in Christchurch, Richard ?? who upgraded our Majestic software a few years ago. Since then we have had no problems. I would talk to him before throwing out the Majestic dome and all that that entails! I will search for his name and contact details, if you are down south. The problem can also be condensation building up on the INSIDE of the dome causing a problem, not the outside, we have heard several people with that problem. We no longer put Rainex or any other product on our Dome, just a squirt with the hose.

RSE for us next time.
 #99679  by lorry26
 Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:35 pm
The inside of the dome may have excessive moisture/drops from the extreme rains of late.
 #99683  by lorry26
 Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:14 pm
Has anyone else heard about ,using a bucket of hot water and tipping over the dome
to condense[ ? ] the mist droplets as a temporary way of having TV. that night.
Luckily the M/H had a ladder attached to the rear.
It did work then.
 #99684  by Roamnz
 Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:30 pm
Thanks Chris, we knew that you knew the details for Richard, thanks.
 #99699  by Dee Cee
 Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:01 am
So I guess, to answer you other question, no you do not get this problem with a wind up dish
Pay with Paymate Express