Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
 #101528  by TonyP
 Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:46 pm
We have a winegard dish connected to a rse mini m3s reciever, i want to connect my home panasonic hd recorder to the dish so we can record what we want and ff the adds,
Is this compatible putting a rf adapter plug on the coax cable commin from the dish straight into the recorderand onto the telly?
 #101530  by BUSRSQ
 Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:53 pm
Depends if the recorder has a inbuilt digital tuner ( Not sure I have seen one )
other wise you will have to go from the receiver - Recorder-TV
 #101531  by Karmann57
 Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm
I think the correct sequence would be; Dish -> rse mini m3s receiver -> hard disk recorder -> TV

You need the rse mini m3s receiver in there to unscramble the signal before you record the program to disk. The rse mini m3s receiver has two or three outputs so you may be able to connect the recorder and TV separately, but it can only handle one dish channel at a time so you can't record one channel while watching another.
 #101532  by DerekB
 Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:59 pm
From what you have said, you have a dish on the van, so that is DVB S or satellite. Your Panasonic unit will be DVB T or terrestrial, which are two totally different systems.
I'm not familiar with the unit you have, but it might be as simple as plugging in a USB stick and recording from there with the need for your Panasonic unit.
Pay with Paymate Express