#101716  by BUSRSQ
 Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:56 am
No and Yes
firstly you need to find someone that is wrecking a coaster that old with power steering( they may never of came with it), then you need to get it removed completely, this will have to include the engine mounted belt driven pump ( will have to be the same engine as you have), all hard lines, the soft lines can be made,the chassis mounted powersteering box and all brackets and bolts, may need the 90 degree steering box,the shafts,tierods and possible the idler shafts if they a different.
 #101742  by 96coaster
 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:39 am
Maybe try and find out what other vehicles had the same engine (I'm not sure what engine is fitted to 82 Coaster), possibly one the Toyota Dyna truck range. Maybe early Landcrusier parts may be inter changeable.
 #101748  by petercw
 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:23 am
Or pump the front tyres up more and know they will wear faster but at least it is easier to turn the wheel. Only turn the wheels when moving also is the answer.. From my non power steering days.. :D
 #101749  by BUSRSQ
 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 am
96coaster wrote:Maybe try and find out what other vehicles had the same engine (I'm not sure what engine is fitted to 82 Coaster), possibly one the Toyota Dyna truck range. Maybe early Landcrusier parts may be inter changeable.
Most likely a "b" series engines, these did come in some landcruiser/dyna
Pay with Paymate Express