Introduce yourselves here
Forum rules: This part of the forum is only for new members to introduce themselves and for them to be welcomed. Please click on "NEW TOPIC" to introduce yourselves. I know it's tempting to "get right on with it" but, if you have questions on a specific topic you should post them in the appropriate place :-)
 #143256  by Piggies
 Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm
greetings all
taking the plunge and retiring in 3 months ,buying a motorhome and exploring this beautiful country
first timers for a caravan or motorhome and green as grass about all aspects
looking forward to cassette toilets and making greenhorn errors (not)
any advice that could reduce our embarasment or provide some insight would be appreciated
this forum displays the community spirit that exists and we look forward to having a quiet one with you as we meet
 #143265  by Skiwi
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 am
Welcome,

Browsing the forum will supply you with equal parts answers and more questions. :-T

Using the search function will get you to a rich vein of info on the topic you are interested in.

Asking a direct question will get you advice, opinions and answers - the trick is deciphering which is which ;)

Cheers
Skiwi
 #143274  by Derb
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:46 pm
OK - I will start it off (when looking to reduce embarrassment) . Nothing spells amateur quite like driving along with the satellite dish up. :lol:
 #153024  by Liddy
 Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pm
Oh this would be me I have a habit of embarrassing myself :lol: I am also looking forward to retiring on the road and will be a pensioner next year. Happy travelling 😄
 #153049  by Derb
 Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:06 pm
I just thought of another one - this one everyone will relate to;

Before you pull into a Dump-Station, have your Sh...t sorted out - literally! Out quickly and get your Grey-Water hose connected and running. Then swap-out or remove your cassette and empty/hose-out/clean/reinstall whilst the grey is still running. Clean/tidy away your gear and
Dump-Station and move away from the area quickly - dont hang around yarning to your mates/other campers etc - get out of the way and make room for the next van. I say this after waiting 20 minutes for two camper-vans belonging to mates tying up the Cambridge Dump-Station whilst they did everything but the vaccum cleaning. They were local retired Cambridge residents on the way home and in no hurry.
You can always go around the corner or down the road to do your "other-stuff".

Have a system sorted out with everyone having their routing duties. It will be much appreciated by other vanners to see a good capable team at work. This stuff is much like going tenting - you practice and leave all your amateur "Co...k-ups at home. :D

Cheers and have fun.
 #153057  by Andycap
 Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:42 pm
Problem is with your sequence Derb ,you empty your sh-t all over your grey water hose :Y .Allways do the crap last is my way .
 #153095  by Derb
 Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:32 pm
I may be a better shot than you think :-T but you are right. Thing is to get it done quick and get out of the place. I copied another vanners idea and fitted hooks along the inside of the van chassis enabling me to leave hose attached to grey tank but clipped up out of harms way for travelling. No cleaning/emptying of hose required and very fast operation. Dump end of hose clips into a std 32 mm bung bolted onto a bracket on chassis.
Pay with Paymate Express