Introduce yourselves here
Forum rules: This part of the forum is only for new members to introduce themselves and for them to be welcomed. Please click on "NEW TOPIC" to introduce yourselves. I know it's tempting to "get right on with it" but, if you have questions on a specific topic you should post them in the appropriate place :-)
 #150834  by CrazyYank-n-Kiwi
 Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:33 pm
Howdy! Well, as you might be able to tell by the username and title of this welcome post, we have recently relocated permanently from the US. I am a born-and-raised Yank (Steven :ugeek:), the wife is a Kiwi ex-pat (Diane :lol:). We are seasoned RV'rs but sold our caravan in the US before relocating. We have purchased a 2019 Bailey Rangefinder Nebula and a Ford Ranger DC UTE, and hit the road. We started in Auckland area where we picked up our caravan and are three weeks in and in Hokitika working our way down to the bottom of the South Island before the REALLY cold weather sets in. Then a slow trip back up catching all the sights along the way. Really enjoying the scenery and making good use of my photography skills.
We are really looking forward to getting some tips along the way from folks who have visited or live near some places we want to visit.
Cheers!
 #151745  by PeterDrake
 Tue May 28, 2019 8:14 am
Hi Steven,

How are you getting on with the Rangefinder?
It's on our shortlist of vans to buy so I'm interested in any feedback...

Cheers,
Pete
 #151769  by Roamnz
 Tue May 28, 2019 6:57 pm
The best suggestion we can give you is to spend many hours scrolling through this amazing Blog, written by Shellie Evans. Shellie and David have been on the road full time in NZ for a few years now, her photography and writing skills are wonderful. Just type in the various areas you are planning on visiting and Shellie has probably already been there and written about it.

https://tikitouringnz.blogspot.com/
 #152053  by CrazyYank-n-Kiwi
 Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:47 pm
PeterDrake wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:14 am
Hi Steven,

How are you getting on with the Rangefinder?
It's on our shortlist of vans to buy so I'm interested in any feedback...

Cheers,
Pete
Peter,

Glad to hear you are considering a Rangefinder. The Nebula is a great caravan overall. One of the reasons we chose the Rangefinder Nebula was the very high cargo capacity. Since we are full-time (for 6-8 months?) we easily make use of the 500kg cargo capacity. The quality finishes, hardware, etc. make us not regret our purchase at all, but there were a few QC issues that I feel should have been caught during production, not by the end user.
I have been meaning to write a review with pros and cons of the Nebula. I will get to work on that and hopefully post it on the "general" forum section in the next few days.
 #152135  by CrazyYank-n-Kiwi
 Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:01 pm
PeterDrake wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:05 pm
That would be great - thanks :)
Peter,

I have posted my review on the site. Search the topic Owner review of 2019 Bailey Rangefinder Nebula

Hope this helps! :TU
Pay with Paymate Express