Introduce yourselves here
Forum rules: This part of the forum is only for new members to introduce themselves and for them to be welcomed. Please click on "NEW TOPIC" to introduce yourselves. I know it's tempting to "get right on with it" but, if you have questions on a specific topic you should post them in the appropriate place :-)
 #152161  by Jez
 Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:25 pm
Alright peeps!

I just joined so thought I'd say Hi.
On Sunday I'm collecting my 'new' camper van, James. He's an '87 VW Kombi, originally converted in Aussie. He's shorter and lighter than my car but, by ingenious German design, has pretty much everything I need - less is more :-D I plan to take him on triathlons, mountainbiking, canoeing, surfing and hiking trips all over the country - let the adventure begin!
First things I'll be quizzing you experts on is insulation and heating, and self-containing.
If you see us (James is pretty easy to spot!) camping or on the road, give us a honk or come and share a beer and a yarn.

Safe travels now,

Jez

92c9efaf-21ae-4b4f-9a35-ee7e7ac09dd8.JPG
 #152168  by Skiwi
 Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 am
Welcome Jez,

Nice looking set-up :TU

You will find many threads here about self containment, heating and insulation, just use the forum search function at the top right of your screen to get started.
One thing I've learned from my time here is that there isn't often a "right" answer but there are many "near enough" ones to point me in the right direction ;)

Cheers
Skiwi
 #152288  by petercw
 Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:27 am
Hi Jez, start a new thread for you questions.. Especially your self containments questions.. There are rules. :TU
 #152440  by Jez
 Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 pm
Skiwi wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 am
Welcome Jez,

Nice looking set-up :TU

You will find many threads here about self containment, heating and insulation, just use the forum search function at the top right of your screen to get started.
One thing I've learned from my time here is that there isn't often a "right" answer but there are many "near enough" ones to point me in the right direction ;)

Cheers
Skiwi
Hi Skiwi,

Thanks for the msg, will heed your advice. Tried to use the search though and it's hopeless; when I put in several words i.e. 'which power lead', instead it searches for any not all of those words, so I end up with thousands of matches and don't stand much chance of finding anything useful.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll work it out eventually. Your camper is huge! Could fit about 3 of mine in that!

Happy camping now.
Pay with Paymate Express