Introduce yourselves here
Forum rules: This part of the forum is only for new members to introduce themselves and for them to be welcomed. Please click on "NEW TOPIC" to introduce yourselves. I know it's tempting to "get right on with it" but, if you have questions on a specific topic you should post them in the appropriate place :-)
 #152378  by Romain
 Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:29 pm
Hello we are Romain and Russell Martin. We have just purchased our first caravan. Awesome. Also when we picked it up the previous owner said the man told him when he was taking it for its electrical wof that the charger wasn't working. Does this mean the battery charger or is it something to do with the solar panel? Help please. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards Romain :)
 #152380  by mattn
 Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm
In common terms, "Charger" refers to the mains battery charger and "Controller" refers to the solar panel charge controller. However, I would confirm there's a problem, and if so, what it is. I am not a bookie, if I was I would call even odds there is no problem, and even odds, if there is, its the mains charger.

I suggest you need to study up the basics of motor-home electrics and get yourself a multi-meter so you can accurately check voltages. Without accurate voltage readings provided by a $10 multi-meter, it will be very hard to identify if there is a problem.
Pay with Paymate Express