Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #8616  by The Flying Tortoise
 Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:07 pm
It has been used and abused by insecure dictators, governments, media moguls, repressive regimes and religions since the first words were written and I'm sad to say it is alive and well here... however in the words of Leonard Cohen's beautiful song 'If It Be Thy Will'... I will speak no more...
Well, not for a time anyway. ;)
 #8617  by Mark
 Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 pm
Not censorship - I just don't want to give legs to a public attack on the forum.
I'm perfectly happy to engage with you on this matter in this private forum.

Just to remind you what this is about, you posted the following under the subject "What a 'compassionate' forum!"
A man and his wife lose their 'home on wheels' in circumstances that are none of our business but are such that we too would be devastated if it happened to us, and at the time of posting this, eighty four folk had visited the post and none had been compassionate, caring enough to offer a simple 'sorry' to the owners of Honkytonkinn... and you call yourselves a 'community'!
Get a life people!
I wonder if you could explain what it was that you wished to achieve by posting that.
It went beyond an expression of disappointment (which I might have understood) to an attack - either on "the forum' or it's members, I'm not sure which.

Did you want "the forum" (that is, me) to do something to pull our members "into line"?

Or were you just letting off steam?

I would be interested to hear where you anticipated the thread would lead had I not, as you say 'censored" it.
 #8648  by Gay'zin
 Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:39 pm
well I was one who read it but because I had nothing constructive to say I never replied.
Rebecca
 #8661  by Woody
 Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am
Rebecca I was like you, I was one of the 84. I looked back at the initial threads and decided like you that I had nothing constructive to say. Mark, good reply. To Flying Tortoise, rather than censorship Mark has invited you to respond and so far you have chosen not too. I would be interested in your reply.

Cheers

Woody
 #8663  by Roamnz
 Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 pm
Woody and Rebecca, you have both covered the topic very well, and likewise I was one of the 84. Compassion like grief is handled in different ways by different people. Mark, once again a job well done.
Smillie H
Pay with Paymate Express