Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #8652  by technochicken
 Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 pm
Today I finally managed to get the plumbing and gas hob in my kitchen installed. This was to replace the rather craptacular :o installation that the previous owners had done. After going around to various stores to get the various bits of plumbing pipes, gas hose, adaptors, etc, I got it all hooked up and going. Then I had to replace the jets in the gas hob with the smaller ones supplied in the kit, because the flames were just too fierce with the standard jets. So tonight I cooked my first meal on my brand spanking new Simpson stainless steel 4-burner gas hob. Sweet! :mrgreen:

It was also pleasing to hear the water gurgling down the plug-hole and pipes, in the way that regular plumbing sounds when it does its job.

Working on this bus is sometimes a !$#@! :evil: of a job because I'm living in the workspace and forever there's stuff in the way that needs to be moved, but overall it's fun to design and build and install things to make this my very own little home. :D

Do the rest of you enjoy working on your mobile homes, or is it something that you put up with in order to be able to get the real joy out of using it on the road?
 #8656  by johnaye
 Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:02 am
I think those of us who arent doing major rebuilds or fitouts are always tinkering..Its half the fun of motorhoming.. I always see something and think that could work and give it a go..My one handicap is not being electrically or electronically minded. Then i think you could have a lot of fun and many toys

Good luck with the work sounds like you are enjoying and succeeding.Should look good by the time you are on the road
 #8680  by technochicken
 Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 pm
Thanks John. Yeah the bus is starting to look good now. I've got virtually all the curtains installed now, the kitchen too. Next up is the electrical panel, a fresh water tank and a grey water tank, the potbelly stove, and two under-floor lockers. After that, I think I'll be ready to hit the road and do the remainder of the jobs while travelling.
 #8695  by WoodyZ
 Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:13 pm
It sounds like you should be feeling rather pleased with yourself with things coming along for you as they are, my rebuild is a rather stop start effort, but will get there in due time. Looks like you will be on the road way before I am ready for that.
 #8719  by technochicken
 Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 pm
Hi Neil, is it stop/start because employment is getting in the way?
I'm currently unemployed, living off the $$$ I gained when I sold my house. It had nearly doubled in value during the 5 years I owned it. Although, the agent, my lawyer, and the bank made sure they got a good share of my windfall. :cry: But I can live off this for a while and devote all my time to working on the bus. Once on the road, I'll be looking at ways to earn money while on the move.
 #8721  by WoodyZ
 Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:07 am
Yep, work tends to interfere with the some of the important things in life, but it also funds those same things. I have also just taken on another project which will occupy a bit more of my spare time, but it will be very satisfying getting on with that.
Pay with Paymate Express