Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #128421  by Nut17
 Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:20 pm
Thanks Wayne. It is good to hear about experiences with positive outcomes. What I have ahead of me does tend to play on the mind, so it will be good to get it behind me so I can continue with the enjoyment of this retirement lark ;)

Cheers
Chris
 #128432  by Alec
 Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:54 am
Sorry to hear of the outcome Chris, although I have regular tests nothing has shown up so far, although at the age of 33 I was diagnosed with a malignant melanoma on my leg. I was operated on 2 days later, (Palmerston North Hospital 1977, no waiting them days) but a worrying 2 days as they could not tell if it would be a leg amputation, luckily it wasn't, but there was always that niggle, "what if", I had two more groin operations 5 years later to beat it.

I am well aware of how the mind always seems to imagine the worst. You have been a spraying contractor, therefore you know what ragwort is. From the time I was diagnosed, I became ragwort, "You can knock me down, but you can't kill me"

In our thoughts, Elaine and Alex
 #128694  by Mark S.
 Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:19 pm
Good luck Chris. Thoughts are with you.
 #128733  by RandB
 Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:34 am
Best wishes Chris from us both.

We too are going through a similar situation, Roy was scheduled for surgery yesterday but.....rather than go through everything here, we have just published a blog entry to document his situation, which you can read here https://brvannini.wordpress.com
Hope it helps.

All the best
Bernice
 #128793  by lakewatcher
 Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:40 am
I really feel for those of you who are facing 'a process' but take heart from what my Dr said "We still dont know why cancers come but if we can catch them early the treatment we have these days is very successful ".
What waiting for symptoms to scare someone along to the Doc means is that ppl are getting ON the train halfway along the track-which is much closer to the final destination; what tests and machines mean is that people are able to get OFF the train halfway along the track-and who wouldn't want that? I'm sure that anyone who has taken the tests will have a very positive outcome.
I recon that the folks most at risk are those who never go near a Dr from one year to the next..otherwise you're nabbed.
Karyn
 #128989  by Nut17
 Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:13 pm
Having my CT and MRI Scans next Friday :-T

Cheers
Chris
 #128998  by RandB
 Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:17 pm
Best wishes Chris.

Roy also had a Gallium PET scan which shows if anything has spread, it's only available in Auckland tho. Amazing technology.

Roy's surgery will be rescheduled for a few weeks once his other problems are sorted. Looking good so far tho, with just the angiogram to be done on Monday then he should be good to go.

Bernice
 #129252  by Nut17
 Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:46 pm
Have just come back from the hospital - Nuclear Bone Scan and CT Scan. Results should be at my GP on Monday. Fingers and toes crossed :-T

Cheers
Chris
Pay with Paymate Express