Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #133590  by Nut17
 Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:16 pm
There is a slim chance I will be discharged tomorrow. At this his stage it will more than likely be Saturday so may make it for an afternoon coffee if you are still around. Having minor internet issues so relying on my phone st the moment

Cheers
Chris
 #133599  by Nut17
 Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am
Off home within the hour :TU

Cheers Chris.
 #133808  by Nut17
 Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:02 am
Pretty much now at journeys end. My recovery process is ahead of schedule and I have confirmation that examination of surrounding tissue confirms that the cancer cells were still completely within the prostate - Tremendous relief :) I am booked to get the external plumbing (catheter) removed on Friday morning and then I can begin to slowly get back to a normal daily life again.
Just one more thing! A call from the eye clinic at the hospital yesterday confirmed cataract surgery next Wednesday afternoon. I have been waiting 18 months for this :o Conveniently, the urology department and eye clinic are adjacent to each other.
Roll on 2018 ;) :)

Cheers
Chris
 #133809  by Roamnz
 Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 am
All positive news Chris, we are so pleased for you and Marg. One could surmise with confidence that all your stars are definitely aligned in the correct order going forward. ;)
 #133827  by idex
 Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:37 am
How lucky could you be Chris. With the prostate problems gone and the cataract op. now scheduled you should be heading for a great summer.

( in the meantime, please try not to trip over the catheter tube as you are dancing around with excitement ..... that could spoil your week!)
 #133831  by petercw
 Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:51 am
Idex..I had to laugh at that.. We need a Facebook laugh button on the pages.. :D
 #133834  by Nut17
 Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:36 pm
Well said Bruce :) The brain is definitely in a dancing mood even if the body is a tad reluctant at this stage. An the catheter is well strapped in place :-T

Cheers
Chris
 #133839  by Waymad
 Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:22 pm
Good news. The recovery process is still a marathon, not a sprint, and there will be minor obstacles to face and overcome. I healed too well and managed somehow to shut off the bladder entirely, so the relief when the duty urologist literally stabbed me in the appropriate place with an external catheter, was vast. But you will have war stories of your own to tell in days to come. One foot in front of the other....
Pay with Paymate Express