Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #148850  by Skiwi
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:28 am
When someone can show me how the RCA intends to monitor and enforce their proposal I may take more interest it it. IMHO they would be better off talking to NZMCA to get a joint proposal together rather than advocating for a seperate system.

As it stands it feels like a cop out to me, particularly when they are promoting any form of camping as responsible. You cant tell me a car loaded with 4 people and a pup tent is likely to be “self contained” or zero environmental impact when they are on a 3 month sorjorn around the country using freedom spots.

Cheers
Skiwi
 #148852  by mattn
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:50 pm
This discussion reminded of a Nelson Mandela quote - “For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”

To truly freedom camp, we must find solutions to problems in a way that enhance the ability for everyone to freedom camp, regardless of if they are in a 12meter A class motor home or four people in a car with a pup tent.
 #148862  by Derb
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 pm
We have to also have "everyone " acknowledge that they will not be the last person to pass by the spot where they are freedom-camping at present and ensure they leave it as if the next visitor could imagine themselves being the 1st person to camp there. Little compromises do not allow for this - such as throwing out "just a little bit of dishwater" because the grass could do with a bit of water. Having a toilet in the bushes because Mother Nature will take care of any bio-degradable matter. Compromise of CSC just won't work with the number of humans travelling around nowadays.
Pay with Paymate Express