Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #148652  by Nut17
 Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:41 pm
The old Honda CT110 step through bikes used for years by NZ Post have all found their way into private ownership (Not me!) and are being used for organised back country tours across private farmland and predominantly unmaintained back roads. I have been press ganged into a support role on an upcoming ride starting from Hastings - down to Cape Palliser and back to Hastings using a very convoluted route that will take six days and 1200 km!! There are 21 riders at this stage and I will be sedately following in air conditioned Jeep comfort towing a trailer with a vast array of spare parts ( almost enough to build a complete new bike!!) I will also be carrying emergency fuel, refreshments, first aid kits, tools etc. I did suggest, considering the average age of the group that a defibrillator and stretcher may be also advisable :-T :)
We all head off at 8.30 am on Tuesday 5th Feb and should be back mid afternoon on Monday 11th - Weather and mishaps permitting :-T There will be surveillance vehicles front and rear of the convoy - I will be bringing up the rear.

They are an interesting collection of blokes from all walks of life so I anticipate more than a few laughs on the way.
I will have patchy internet but should get some forum time most days.
 #148739  by Nut17
 Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:21 am
We are heading off on this adventure tomorrow morning and I suspect that my internet access will definitely be a little patchy over the next week. I am taking my Netspeed modem with me, so should be better than relying on my cell phone.
 #148740  by vansvilla
 Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:54 am
Have fun!
 #148744  by Nut17
 Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:02 am
I am a little concerned at a comment from some of the riders that my chilly bin for the liquid refreshment is way too small. I think I might have to keep my distance from the evening revelry :shock: ;)
 #148754  by NeilV
 Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:57 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You have to send us some pics... this sounds epic :TU
 #148861  by Nut17
 Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:11 pm
Have one of our riders at Masterton Hospital having treatment for lacerations and concussion after a spill around 3.00 pm today near Pongaroa on SH 52. He is up here from Cromwell to do the ride and is 76 ! He will travel back to Hastings tomorrow in the comfort of the Jeep. We have had an amazing trip and I will post some photos when we get back to civilisation tomorrow afternoon
 #148978  by Nut17
 Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:39 pm
As promised, a few photos of the intrepid "Postiebikers" The accident victim is now safely back home in Cromwell attempting to convince his wife that he should keep his bike and still participate in future rides. Apparently this was his second unscheduled dismount in recent times. :shock: :)
On the way back North we travelled across private farm land pretty much all the way from Riversdale Beach to Herbertville. We also enjoyed a very interesting dinner with the American owners of Castlepoint Station (3800 Ha) at The Whakataki Hotel where we also bunked down in the budget accommodation out the back.
Attachments
IMG_3754 (2).JPG
IMG_3821 (2).JPG
IMG_3811 (2).JPG
IMG_3797.JPG
IMG_3795 (2).JPG
Pay with Paymate Express