Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #152691  by Nut17
 Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:42 pm
I have an interesting few days ahead where I will be without my iPhone 7 while it is sent away for warranty repairs. I probably only send or receive two or three calls per day and lucky to exchange three texts in a week !!
It is only two hours since I dropped it off so the deprivation has not really had a chance to set in :-T
Maybe after a week or so of "cold turkey" I may be able to give it up forever ;) :-T
 #152695  by petercw
 Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:29 pm
Day 1.. Ok so no phone for a while
Day 2.. Ok so it won't take long its ok
Day 3.. Hmm I need to ring Joe.. Hmm bloody phone
Day 4.. Wheres that bloody phone
Day 5.. Ok so only a day or so and I can phone Joe & Fred
Day 6.. guess the phones coming soon
Day 7.. Ok no phone I'll borrow Noel's if I need it
Day 8.. Hmm guess that phones got lost in the post.
Day 9.. bugga.. Who needs a phone anyway.
:lol: :lol: :TU
 #152698  by Andrew and Debbie
 Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:42 pm
Chris, Why weren't you given a loan phone?

Cheers,
Andrew
 #152699  by Nut17
 Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:01 pm
A good question Andrew. However, they did not have one available :( The phone was supplied 22 months ago by Noel Leeming as an insurance claim, so the warranty repair is done through them.
 #152717  by Skiwi
 Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Sounds like bliss to me ;) :TU
 #152722  by Nut17
 Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:27 pm
First 24 hours achieved. Marg is finding it more frustrating than me ;) :)
 #152729  by Andycap
 Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:46 am
As with many of us who can remember the time before cell phones (i agree Skiwi ,) you just need to keep yourself busier doing other stuff .Good grief Chris, head down ,arse up and get that caravan done ! Lack of pictures of work in progress /completed is noticeable . ;) ;) :TU
 #152742  by Nut17
 Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:13 pm
Busy cutting, drilling and grinding 24 alloy brackets for the four solar panels. Lithium batteries in. TV bracket mounted. I have a two week wait for the custom water tanks to arrive so should have all the other tasks completed by then. Amazing the progress made without phone call interruptions ;) A constant stream of visitors this afternoon did halt progress. :(
Pay with Paymate Express