Here you may engage in casual Chit-Chat on any subject that does not relate directly to motorhoming.
Forum rules: The usual standards of respect, decency and consideration for others are expected even though this forum will be less rigorously moderated.
 #153258  by Nut17
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:09 am
Nothing to do with the RV lifestyle, but I am so chuffed with the outcome of the recent failure of our F&P dishwasher I thought I would share this story.

We purchased the appliances for our "Shed Apartment" build from Noel Leeming in August 2015, but a sad trail of circumstances (builder going broke and councils moving goal posts) led to us finally installing the appliances and moving in early October 2018 - Over three years later.

The dishwasher developed a fault around two weeks ago with a leak in the seam of the main washing chamber, dripping water into the main electrics / electronics control centre and tripping the RCD. The serviceman commented that the model was now obsolete and parts were no longer available. 12 month factory warranty well and truly expired - "Tough Luck".
With the influence of Noel Leeming's lady in charge of warranty claims and the fact that we had solid evidence of the installation date F&P have come to the party and are supplying a brand new machine free of charge :TU :) Well done F & P :!:
 #153260  by Mark
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 am
And Well Done Noel Leeming too!
They have had a chequered reputation on warranties in the past, with the Commerce Commission , caning them some months ago.
 #153261  by petercw
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am
We've just had our F&P dish washer of 5 yrs repaired due to a split in the"plastic"sleeve at the bottom center of the tub that allows water to flow to the pump.. It dropped water into the safety water collection tray on the bottom.. had been doing this for some time as there was Rust on the tray.. This only became noticable when the machine stopped running due to the safety float coming into operation.. one would think that such a vital part would be better made.. Ooo yes it's now NOT made in NZ.. :evil:
 #153263  by Nut17
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:46 pm
Mark wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 am
And Well Done Noel Leeming too!
They have had a chequered reputation on warranties in the past, with the Commerce Commission , caning them some months ago.
The young lady I dealt with at the Hastings Branch was very tenacious and obviously put forward a good case on our behalf. It probably helped that the dishwasher was only one component out of over $6k we spent in their store back in 2015. Only two of the four major appliances were made by F & P though. :-T
 #153265  by Andycap
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:43 pm
It really depends a lot on the individual salesperson at Noel Leemings (same as was with Dick Smiths ). I had a right argy bargy with our local guy over selling the missus an `extended warranty` on a coffee machine a short while ago .Highly illegal the way he did this ,got the money back ok ,left him very embarressed with a shop full of customers (allways go when the shop is full, to complain).Received a letter from local manager apologising for his behaviour , but why do they still try there best to push these ?? when they know there in the wrong .
 #153271  by Nut17
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 pm
Interestingly a coffee machine is the one product that I would pay for an extended warranty. Our $800.00 DeLonghi Magnifica S has a factory 24 month warranty and it cost another $125 to add 4 years to this - total 6 years. The previous identical machine died at just over 5 years service so I happily paid the $125 for the six year warranty on the replacement machine. This is through Harvey Norman who now no longer provide extended warranties on automatic coffee machines. (I wonder why)??
 #153273  by Andycap
 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm
I find it strange that with the consumer guarantee act covering nearly everything in NZ ,that anyone would pay for an `extra` warranty that`s simply not required .Manufacturers or retailers warranty period ? ,makes no differance the C.G.A supercedes them all .
 #153434  by Nut17
 Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:48 am
New (and much newer model) F & P dishwasher was installed yesterday. A very satisfactory outcome :TU
Pay with Paymate Express