Solo in France

Forum rules
Each member may post travel stories to their own thread. You may comment on others' threads but do not take them over with your own stories. Please try to ensure these stories are entertaining and snappy. You may include a FEW pics to illustrate your story. Please don't use this as a platform for your photo albums: they are best put in (say) Picasa with a link.
Darryl
NZMCA No: 54113

Re: Solo in France

Postby Darryl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Wow Colin, what a fantastic trip. It sounds like you had a good experience. Even though a fews years old I read your account like it was yesterday ~ A very enjoyable read. I hope to do pretty much the same thing next year......but hopefully mine will be via the canals and rivers you crossed over...... I'm glad you found somebody to share your life and experience with. I have always been of the view that by sharing an experience like that, you have doubled the pleasure. Unfortunately I think I will be doing my trip by myself as well. I like the idea of life at 4 kph.
Darryl
NZMCA # 54113

ColinW
NZMCA No: 30117

Postby ColinW » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Darryl,
thanks for your comments. We had a good look around lots of the rivers and canals this year and would like to give that a go also, but having one hole in the water to look after here, I don't think it is likely. In Burgundy the centre for boating appears to be St Jean de Losne. We met a few Kiwis, Aussies, Americans and Pommes on boats around there. The biggest boat yard there is H2O.com.
But you can buy the same boats cheaper in Holland - see http://www.marktplaats.nl/z/watersport- ... goryId=989
We liked the two canals in Brittany better - they cross at Redon, a nice town.

cheers
Colin

Darryl
NZMCA No: 54113

Postby Darryl » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks for that link Colin. I have H2o e-mail me all there new listings. Yes, I have found the Euro stretches further in Holland than France. I log on regular to Apollo Duck which appears to be world wide, but I only look at their Dutch listings.
Darryl
NZMCA # 54113

ColinW
NZMCA No: 30117

Postby ColinW » Wed May 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi,
Camper is now for sale. See TradeMe, auction 890679162 .
Very sad!

Return to “Travel Stories”