The Nevis Road

Forum rules
Each member may post travel stories to their own thread. You may comment on others' threads but do not take them over with your own stories. Please try to ensure these stories are entertaining and snappy. You may include a FEW pics to illustrate your story. Please don't use this as a platform for your photo albums: they are best put in (say) Picasa with a link.
FlyingKiwiGirl
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 46960
Location: Travelling the South Island for how ever long it takes...2 years & counting

The Nevis Road

Postby FlyingKiwiGirl » Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 pm

After driving the southern end of the Nevis back in February we recently drove the northern end to complete the trip. Here are my blog posts on the Lower Nevis, there's a link in the first post that will take you back to February is you're wanting to read about the whole road.

Nevis Road- Part 1

Nevis Road- Part 2

FlyingKiwiGirl
Supporter
Supporter
Location: Travelling the South Island for how ever long it takes...2 years & counting

Re: The Nevis Road

Postby FlyingKiwiGirl » Mon May 12, 2014 9:00 am

I forgot to post a photo of the POP in the Lower Nevis, for future reference, in case anybody is thinking of travelling in there to stay.

gabby
NZMCA No: 41937

Postby gabby » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Nothing to do with the Nevis, but wanted to tell Kiwigirl that we had our week in the Catlins - and used her blog as a guide for things not to miss and campsite info. It was an absolutely fabulous week, we saw the sealions, seals, penguins, wonderful waterfalls, and all in all it was one of our best weeks in our van since we got her about 6 months ago. We will be going back as there are still parts to see and some to see again. Took a multitude of pics, not as great as Kiwigirl's I fear, but nevertheless a great reminder of the trip. Thanks again for your blog - it was invaluable.
nzmca: #41937

FlyingKiwiGirl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby FlyingKiwiGirl » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi gabby, thanks so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in the Catlins & that you used some of the information from my blog posts to help you. Isn't is a fabulous place when you dig deeper than the usual tourist spots. It's great to know that all my endless typing & photo taking does in fact help some people enjoy their holidays. I wonder whether you stayed with Kevin & Sue at Hillview & if you did, you remembered us to them.

Return to “Travel Stories”