Our people tonight

Forum rules
Each member may post travel stories to their own thread. You may comment on others' threads but do not take them over with your own stories. Please try to ensure these stories are entertaining and snappy. You may include a FEW pics to illustrate your story. Please don't use this as a platform for your photo albums: they are best put in (say) Picasa with a link.
vansvilla
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 17271

Our people tonight

Postby vansvilla » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 am

This makes for a good read,
http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standar ... le-project
Perhaps not as glam as TV footage. :D
Cheers
John.
Duct tape is like "the Force", it has a dark side, it has a light side and it holds the universe together. nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in Duct tape.

Zukiwi
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 26100

Re: Our people tonight

Postby Zukiwi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:49 am

It's drawing a long bow to call me a Taihape man - I left there over 50 years ago. But I suppose I still identify with the place with 4 generations of my family in the cemetery there.

Cheers
John
7m Fuso wide body, 240W solar, 440 A/h batteries, 2kW Eberspacher, 186L 3-way fridge, 400L topbox, 195L fresh, 200L grey, Suzuki Jimny toad with 4.7m OK Prowler fishing kayak, MTBs.

Mark
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29132

Re: Our people tonight

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 am

Interesting that Nick is not as cautious as those running the project to draw conclusions about increasing numbers.
I hope he is right. :)
Mark
I ache in the places where I used to play - Leonard Cohen

Return to “Travel Stories”