Danseys Pass & Kyeburn Diggings

Motorhomes "on the road". Routes, destinations, POP's, Activities, Employment etc
Forum rules
When posting images, please post only thumbnails that link to your image. This can be achieved using the "Message Board" option in PostImage.
Moderators may remove any images that do not conform with this request without notice.
This is in consideration of those members who have small data caps :-)
Roamnz
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29430

Re: Danseys Pass & Kyeburn Diggings

Postby Roamnz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:57 am

:) Ubique this is in place of a LIKE symbol.
Smillie H

FlyingKiwiGirl
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 46960
Location: Travelling the South Island for how ever long it takes...2 years & counting

Postby FlyingKiwiGirl » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:22 pm

UBIQUE wrote:...I don't mean that in any ugly sense, I always though it had a sort of haunted beauty...

I know exactly what you mean, that's what I love about Central Otago and especially the Maniototo- barren but stunningly beautiful. And when you do take that trip and stop to take in the views and surroundings, build a small cairn also, a memorial to your family and memories.

tonada
NZMCA No: 47194

Postby tonada » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:12 pm

FlyingKiwiGirl wrote:For those that might like to read about Danseys Pass here's my blog post- it is only the south side (Naseby) to the summit though.

Danseys Pass

HI Shelly my wife and I did this last year with our 6 metre bus all the way up and down the other side,we loved every minute of it.
We like your photos better then ours by the way, :)
Keep them coming.
Ada and Ton

FlyingKiwiGirl
Supporter
Supporter
Location: Travelling the South Island for how ever long it takes...2 years & counting

Postby FlyingKiwiGirl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:49 pm

:lol: Thanks tonada. Good on you for doing it, I suspect it wasn't too bad in the summer but I bet you kept a wary eye on the sides as you went past some of those schist overhangs.

Zukiwi
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 26100

Postby Zukiwi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:29 pm

I sort of figure if you can get a stock truck, maybe even with a trailer, over the road, most of us can pass.

Cheers
John
7m Fuso wide body, 240W solar, 440 A/h batteries, 2kW Eberspacher, 186L 3-way fridge, 400L topbox, 195L fresh, 200L grey, Suzuki Jimny toad with 4.7m OK Prowler fishing kayak, MTBs.

tonada
NZMCA No: 47194

Postby tonada » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:14 am

FlyingKiwiGirl wrote::lol: Thanks tonada. Good on you for doing it, I suspect it wasn't too bad in the summer but I bet you kept a wary eye on the sides as you went past some of those schist overhangs.

Not me Shelley but my wife did,I just kept an eye out for cars coming the other way and I saw one but spotted him from along way. :TU

Mark S.
NZMCA No: 5173

Postby Mark S. » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Beautiful photos. we took 7m widebody over in Nov. Poured down all the way so saw little. Cleared up on other side so returned for the views - magic. Then saw a sign which said 4 wd only - dual wheels mean 4wd dont they. Have a beautiful pink rock on front step as a memory. Bus changed colour yellow to burnt ochre.

FlyingKiwiGirl
Supporter
Supporter

Postby FlyingKiwiGirl » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Zukiwi wrote:I sort of figure if you can get a stock truck, maybe even with a trailer, over the road, most of us can pass.

Cheers
John

You wouldn't get a stock truck up there I don't think :? and definitely not with a trailer.

Thanks Mark S, glad you liked the photos and I can well imagine the colour of the bus. I'm about to post a blog after it snowed and we went back up the road to the pub- white and ochre is all you can see.

Return to “Touring”