Member Discount - Kawhia Camping Ground

Motorhomes "on the road". Routes, destinations, POP's, Activities, Employment etc
Forum rules
When posting images, please post only thumbnails that link to your image. This can be achieved using the "Message Board" option in PostImage.
Moderators may remove any images that do not conform with this request without notice.
This is in consideration of those members who have small data caps :-)
Mark
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29132

Re: Member Discount - Kawhia Camping Ground

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Would never have thought of the wine, Grant, if you hadn't suggested it :-T Villa Maria 2012 Vigonier :)
Mark
I ache in the places where I used to play - Leonard Cohen

hort1
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 50228

Postby hort1 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:53 pm

Grant thank you very much for a great stay at your camp.
You are a very good host and run a great camp.
Thank you for the freshly smoked fish you gave every one in the camp one night much appreciated and very nice it was to.
We will be back one day for sure :D :D

Warwick & Bernadette
Warwick & Bernadette nzmca 50228 Mazda BT-50 Jayco 24ft Silverline Outback.800w solar, 200ah Lithium, 246 Water, 270 Grey Jayco Club New Zealand member.

Rosemary&Peter
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 32726

Postby Rosemary&Peter » Thu May 28, 2015 7:07 pm

Gidday Grant! Thank you for the hospitality last night...we would have tooted farewell, but maybe not appropriate at 6 am. Sorry about the tracks in your lovely grass...blame the frost.

We were thinking of staying another night...not being too keen on driving back over the hill in the dark. Quite often at this time of year it can take all day for the crew on the Dove to catch their limit. Often, the limit is unattainable. We were back at the wharf by 1.00 pm.

BUT NOT TODAY. We were back at the wharf by 1.00 pm. :D :D :D

Awesome day out. Awesome.

See you next time.

Shilo
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 0

Postby Shilo » Fri May 29, 2015 7:56 am

Thanks guys, glad to here that there are still fish across the bar!

It was certainty a magical day yesterday - took the opportunity myself to escape the camp and paddle out to Te Maiki then walk around the reefs at the entrance. Unlike you though I only caught an octopus of all things :roll:

Rosemary&Peter
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 32726

Postby Rosemary&Peter » Fri May 29, 2015 12:25 pm

We were told tales of the seriously large snapper having been caught off the rocks around the corner from Te Maika recently.

Sadly for you, those beasts were out at the 51 meter mark yesterday....in some numbers ;)

There was a guy who took is kayak over the Kawhia Bar....under sail if I recall correctly :shock: :shock: :shock: .

PS. Did you try using the octopus for bait? Those snapper often come in around the rock for such treats. ;)

Shilo
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 0

Postby Shilo » Fri May 29, 2015 4:30 pm

The Boat Channel looked good enough to paddle through yesterday and it was tempting but sadly I don't have life insurance so figured I better not... :D Octopus let go and escaped as soon as he was out of the water so he's back there ready to feed a 20lber sometime. Walked around to the reef at Aotea today and landed a dozen very large Kahawai so had my fun for the week.

Dee Cee
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 49114

Postby Dee Cee » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:55 am

Stayed at the camp Sunday evening. Nice and full but not bothersome, a great crowd in fact. Will certainly be back with my kayak for some fishing on the harbour.
2010 VW Crafter - Motek Beach. NZMCA 49114
Suzuki Jimny toad with portable RViBrake System

Return to “Touring”