News

General notices about the forum: news, admin. tips and help.
Mark
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29132

News

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:32 pm

The forum may be "down" for a short time during the week ending 15 August.
When the hosting web-site was being organised, some wires got crossed and the sub-domain name that was set up for me had NZMCA in the title. The site is NOT an NZMCA site and I need to change this.
I hope to get it sorted this next week. If it all goes smoothly, it will take an hour: if not ....who knows.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
Mark

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Re: News

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am

The "Terms of Use" and "Privacy Policy" have been updated.
The intention of the update was to make them somewhat less legalistic and more easily understood.
Their effect has not been altered but they are available on the Login page should you wish to review them.
Mark

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Update on the first post in this topic.
The change that I am now looking at is to move the forum on to its own website such that we will be able to have the address
http://www.nzmotorhome.co.nz.

So we'll be done with flatting (sharing someone else's website) and moving into our own home (motorhome that is!) :D

It is somewhat more complicated than the first plan but I still hope to be able to get it done sometime before the 20th of this month. I intend to email everyone a day before I do it because the forum will be unavailable for (maybe) a couple of hours.

This is not something that will happen regularly - it is just a start-up thing.

Thanks for your patience.
Mark

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:06 am

I have added some useful links to rules and regulations relating to:
Drivers Licences - what you can drive on what class of licence.
Road User Charges - all the Guff on charges by weight etc
Certificates of Fitness - what the regulations say
Mark

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:51 pm

GeoKiwi
I'm exploring how we can set up a map based resource that will allow members to access a range of information.
You will start off with a map of NZ.
You will then be able to zoom in so that you can just see the part of NZ you are interested in.
There will be an extensive list of resource categories down the side of the map eg Dump Stations, Camps, Recycling Centres, Truck Stops, Walks, Boat Ramps? etc etc
When you select any one of these categories the visible map will be populated with markers showing the locations these.
You may click on any of the markers to get more detailed information about that place.
If necessary, you may zoom in further to see more clearly how to get there.
There - I've said it! (Now I'm going to have to do it :o
Progress may be slow because I'm learning new stuff (and I have a leaky roof to fix!) but you may watch progress (like paint drying) by clicking the GeoKiwi link - top right.
Zoom in on Rotorua until all the icons become distinct (I haven't yet got clickable categories working).
Mark

Return to “Admin”