100 more grey hairs......

Fitting out your motorhome: All the trades
Rosemary&Peter
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 32726

Re: 100 more grey hairs......

Postby Rosemary&Peter » Sat May 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Doit wrote:That's an amazing price. Does the bus have more power now?

Does she have more power???? Anymore and she'd be dangerous! Our we Bus has tipped well over the legal limit, on the flat, with a tail wind...but ONLY by accident....

I'll let you know the next time we haul up the Bombays..(next week?) Unless we get a good head of steam up down the bottom...which is of course illegal...we are usually in 3rd by the time we're 3/4 of the way up....chug chug chug

johnaye wrote:And repair or replace every one of them!!!!!

Nostalgia...my old 1964 Vauxhaul Viva...despite the fact that the 'under bonnet' area was practically empty....she ran like a rocket. Unleaded fuel heralded her eventual demise..

Derb wrote:n oil change can sometimes make a noticeable difference.

Or even simply having oil in the engine can help. Daughter was complaining that our old Honda Odyssey (which she has inherited) was 'sounding funny'. Then the early morning phonecall asking about the RED oil can light on the dash. I am sure that checking the vital fluids in your car was on the 'lessons to the offspring' list...positive in fact. Mother was not impressed...but daughter was impressed with how much better the car ran with oil in it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

petercw
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 39606
Location: Matamata .. Mowing the lawn or out in Growly Bear hvg fun.

Re: 100 more grey hairs......

Postby petercw » Sun May 17, 2015 4:43 pm

Put oil in the engine, putting petrol in its far more important when you are young, it gets you home.... Well not always.. Petrol was more important than oil when you are just 16....until you ran out of oil on the Auckland Harbor bridge in peak hour, then you learn all about just how important oil is...
You only do it once.. :D
Retired & just Cruzing in "Growly Bear" that has everything we need..
85 C.I.Munroe- 3.4L nonturbo Delta 5spd manual 13B Toyota diesel.
"Limited 90 kms -Drive safe - Pass with care"
Peter & Jeni

Return to “Technical”