gas Regs

TonyP
NZMCA No: 55144

Re: gas Regs

Postby TonyP » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Just to let you know that i got hold of dometic in auckland and a big thumbs down
They didnt know
Im going to t7rn up on there doorstep and let them explain
Tony and Debbie
25' Silverline , 2x150wsolar 2x100ah batteries ~ Holden Colorado

TonyP
NZMCA No: 55144

Postby TonyP » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:52 am

All good now,as it turns out i wasnt waiting ling enough for the flame failure thingy to kick in
But still dometic didnt come back to me on the màtter
Tony
Tony and Debbie
25' Silverline , 2x150wsolar 2x100ah batteries ~ Holden Colorado

Boothy
NZMCA No: 0

Postby Boothy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Yes you have some good answers sent in to you.
My advise is as the rest have said.
BUT stop using it before you blow yourself up.
We had one come in for repair also but I can't remember what it was.
So go back to whoever is nearest you
Richard Boothys Diamond Motorhomes

MiriamNZ
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 42582

Postby MiriamNZ » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:16 pm

The link needs to be http not ftp (at the start).
However, these regs apply to houses and specifically exclude motorhomes. (p7)

It would be nice if the people who put these regs online would do the same for the motorhome gas regs.
Cheers
Miriam
Miriam
_________
Sou'West Freewheeler
Otaki Beach
Mitsubishi Canter, 8m Motorhome with bells and whistles.

Toyota HiAce LWB, 250W solar, 105Ah. Gas cooker. No fridge, TV or video.

Minnie

Postby Minnie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:47 pm

MiriamNZ wrote:

The link needs to be http not ftp (at the start).
However, these regs apply to houses and specifically exclude motorhomes.

It would be nice if the people who put these regs online would do the same for the motorhome gas regs.

And it's not much good for general installations either as the current version of the standard called in law is the 2013 version. (The 2010 version may be used until the of the year).

I'm tempted to say something about pirating movies, music, etc but I think I will refrain.

NeilV
NZMCA No: 60322

Postby NeilV » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Was that a snipe at me Minnie? :?

Personally is still can't see. Why there are rules we must obey, but have to pay to know HOW to obey... :-T
Seems like a really bad way for the (informed) consumer to be sure the installer has done their job properly too :-T
8.5m 1990 Dennis Dart bus, 6L turbo -4 pax
- 24v system: 2x 104ah AGM, 20a PWM controller 500W solar; 1200w puresine inverter
120L grey/fresh water, 75L compressor fridge, gas Califont, Diesel MK85 heater [awaiting install]

Minnie

Postby Minnie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:00 am

NeilV wrote:Was that a snipe at me Minnie? :?

Personally is still can't see. Why there are rules we must obey, but have to pay to know HOW to obey... :-T
Seems like a really bad way for the (informed) consumer to be sure the installer has done their job properly too :-T

Not you in particular, just folk in general who take things that other people (such as installers) pay for. :)

I agree in principal that where a standard is called in legislation there should be a system where people can at least view the standards. The National Fire protection Association in the USA publish the American gas and electrical codes— including NFPA 1192 which is the caravan code. Once you have registered on their website you can view their standards but you can't print. The window you view the standard on is sized so that you can't see a full page at a time and need to scroll down.

This is what Standards NZ should do — it is a compromise between the public's right to know versus protecting the intellectual property of the standards body.

The alternative is to put all the perceptiveness into the actual regulations which are freely available. But that means the "rules" will then be driven by an office in Wellington rather than the industry consensus of a standard—which would you prefer?

NeilV
NZMCA No: 60322

Postby NeilV » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:01 am

Actually, yes! I'd far rather an independent body set the standards, than the (effective) Union of the industry... Thus the rules on things like installing your own solar would fit the law, (under 50v DC) not the industries idea of the law?

In gas, this would be the Califont inside ... Which Challenge Yachts insists IS legally allowed, though the gass installers argue over...
8.5m 1990 Dennis Dart bus, 6L turbo -4 pax
- 24v system: 2x 104ah AGM, 20a PWM controller 500W solar; 1200w puresine inverter
120L grey/fresh water, 75L compressor fridge, gas Califont, Diesel MK85 heater [awaiting install]

Return to “Gas”