Initial CSC inspection

Including self-containment
NeilV
NZMCA No: 60322

Initial CSC inspection

Postby NeilV » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:43 am

Hi all,

So my Bus failed COF last week and needs a new windscreen (imported from uk!) and is thus 'offroad' for the next month or so, but I want/need CSC before leaving in the first week of December so cant take it to a rally or anything like that to get done (unless the law sees CSC as getting 'repairs' to my vehicle? :-T )

I live in Tuakau, Franklin, so only half an hour from the main NZMCA office and was wondering how I go about setting up an inspection date (esp as I heard I need 2 officers for first inspection?) and what a reasonable cost might be towards the transport costs for the volunteer inspector(s) I might be able to arrange to come visit.

So:
1) do I just 'ring around' untill I can find someone who is able
2) do I need 2 officers? (and if so do they need to be there at the same time?)
3) what would be a fair "Koha" for their time and effort?
8.5m 1990 Dennis Dart bus, 6L turbo -4 pax
- 24v system: 2x 104ah AGM, 20a PWM controller 500W solar; 1200w puresine inverter
120L grey/fresh water, 75L compressor fridge, gas Califont, Diesel MK85 heater [awaiting install]

vansvilla
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 17271

Re: Initial CSC inspection

Postby vansvilla » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:26 am

Just to throw this into the works, there is going to be a CSC day on 1st Nov in the Testing station on Carbine Rd, Mt Wellington, Ian Snell is organising.

Was informed last night that although 2 inspectors are required for an initial inspection they don't have to be there at the same time. You can get one on one weekend and another on the following weekend.

I believe however that a Plumber authorised for CSC inspections can do one by themselves.
The Assn handbook lists all inspectors so you may find one close to you.
Cheers
John.
Duct tape is like "the Force", it has a dark side, it has a light side and it holds the universe together. nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in Duct tape.

beanpole
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 9835

Postby beanpole » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Just ring the nearest SC officer/s and discuss what is needed. They may be happy to come and visit you with a bit of Koha included.
Vansvilla's post is correct.
Gordon

NeilV

Postby NeilV » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:50 am

vansvilla wrote:Just to throw this into the works, there is going to be a CSC day on 1st Nov in the Testing station on Carbine Rd, Mt Wellington, Ian Snell is organising.

Is this still on? If so where on Carbine road is the testing station and do I need to book a spot or just drop in?

Seems I might just be able to make this one after all :)
- 24v system: 2x 104ah AGM, 20a PWM controller 500W solar; 1200w puresine inverter
120L grey/fresh water, 75L compressor fridge, gas Califont, Diesel MK85 heater [awaiting install]

vansvilla
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 17271

Postby vansvilla » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:22 am

Guess so, if it's the testing station I think it is, the entrance is off Clemow Drive, for you coming from the Sth, take the Mt Wellington turn off, turn left at ramps end, travel along through the lights to a roundabout, turn left there, almost doubling back on yourself, the is is Clemow, follows the rail track, under the motorway you have just departed, then approx 200m on the left you will see signage for a vehicle testing station and a BP truck stop. It's a long drive way.

Probably best if you were to ring Ian Snell to confirm both. His number will be in the handbook under CSC officers, Auckland.
Cheers
John.
Duct tape is like "the Force", it has a dark side, it has a light side and it holds the universe together. nothing screams poor workmanship more than wrinkles in Duct tape.

NeilV

Postby NeilV » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:29 pm

So unfortunately I couldn't make that one, but I just saw an upcoming event at puki racecourse... Would it be 'impolite' to ask officers attending an event to do a CSC check for me? :-T

How long does an initial inspection take anyway?

Return to “Plumbing”