Satellite TV Dome

Mobile internet, DVD, TV, SatNav, UHF/VHF etc
MarieCB
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Satellite TV Dome

Postby MarieCB » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:49 pm

What a great forum! Thanks for your replies. Will look at the condensation thing. Yes, we are around Christchurch, heading to Sydney in a few days to visit family but will go see Richard on our return.
'him indoors' stands on table, opens the hatch and flicks a towel over the dome a few times which works - for a bit. All good when fine, but frustrating when raining, frost, snow.
Thanks folks

Bachmobile ll
NZMCA No: 18573

Postby Bachmobile ll » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:19 pm

I had a Majestic dome. Got fed up with it constantly losing the signal during drizzle, light rain, heavy rain, and even heavy dew! So I got rid of it and now have an ordinary windup Winegard dish. Works fine. Bit of a challenge to find the satellite at first, bit after a bit of practice, I can find it in a few seconds. Works fine in the rain.

MarieCB
Supporter
Supporter

Postby MarieCB » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:36 am

Just wanted to say, thanks to all for info re this. We contacted Richard in Christchurch and he was a marvellous help. He had our problem sorted in no time, was very obliging, and certainly knew his stuff. Would highly recommend him for TV/reception probs.

Andrew and Debbie
NZMCA No: 34551

Postby Andrew and Debbie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:16 am

So what did he do to fix the problem?

Cheers,
Andrew
2014 Leisureline 7.0 metre Elite Caravan towed by 2017 Ford Ranger. 4 x 150 watt solar, eTracer 45 amp solar controller, 1800 watt PSW inverter, 300 amp/hrs gel batteries, Votronic battery monitor. 180 fresh water, 180 grey water.

Return to “Technology”