Very First Forum Topic.

Mark
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29132

Very First Forum Topic.

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi!

I decided that Kiwi motorhomers needed a forum of their own rather than having to make do with a principally Aussie one, through the NZMCA link.

There didn't seem to be one around so I am in the process of building this one from scratch. I hope to have it ready to go live by the end of August.

I am learning as I go, so if anyone happens upon it by chance, I'd be happy to hear any pointers you might be happy to share - or maybe you'd like to start a "wish list"!

Anyway - "Watch this space" and more importantly - "Spread the word": NZ Motorhome Forum is nearly here!!

Mark
MarkThumb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Ross
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 31848

Re: Introduction to NZ Motorhome Forums

Postby Ross » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi Mark,

Very very well done. This is a wonderfully exciting concept, with heaps of potential. And well done on making it yourself. I'll be back.

Regards 8-)
Last edited by Ross on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross and Wyn Davies #31848
http://blog.davies.net.nz/
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." - Shakespeare

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Ross

Thanks very much for the encouragement, Ross. Spread the word if you know of any other people who might be interested.
I'll be making the forum better as I learn - hope to have a NZMCA section too that will be access by password.

Mark
Mark

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:50 pm

My aim had always been to "launch" the forum at the end of September through the next issue of the NZMCA magazine: either by having a letter to the editor published or, if the NZMCA agree, publishing a short article. That way we would get a lot of people looking at the site and activity, at the outset - instead of discovering it in dribs and drabs, resulting in only desultory interaction.

However, at the start of August, we have a small few people who have discovered the forum (despite it being singularly ignored by Google) and who are now asking questions - to which I expect they seek answers (and quite rightly so!).

So.....I think that I need to try to get as many people as I can onto the site now, WITHOUT the benefit of exposure through the magazine.

I will send some emails - but I hope that people will bear with me for the next couple of months until we can get some good numbers on the site after the October NZMCA mag comes out.

Thanks for your patience.
Mark

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Thanks Mat and Molly for your very generous words of encouragement!

I hope that others feel as you do. I think we've got about 3 months to make this thing fly. If it is not humming by then, it may never get off the ground (terrible mixing of metaphors!)
I read the article about you in the NZMCA magazine and envy the guts you had to make the break and do it full time. We had 10 weeks in Nelson Marlborough at the start of this year and feel that it would be fun to do it full time, although we both agreed we would need more space than we currently have in our Rosa (even though we do love each other!)
Mark

Gay'zin
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gay'zin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Hello,

I am Rebecca and my husband is Martin, when I was a kid I loved camping and finally (last year) convinced Martin that we needed to get a motorhome we found a mazda titan with caravan on the back and took it for a 3 week test run around the North Island. Loved it but space was an issue with 2 boys (6 and 7 years old) lucky we had activities galore or we may have tied someone to the roof!!
We have just brought a 8.5 mtr mitsi fuso and will start converting it (when the cows have finished calving) I read Ross recon's best plan may not happen first time round "well I hope it does". ;)
We plan to use the bus as a get away for weekends and holidays then maybe 15 years (when kids leave home or we can trust them at home) we will live perminantly/semi-perminantly in the bus. Work and travel around NZ (Summer South Island , Winter North Island could be an idea)

Rebecca
Whaia e koe ki te iti kahurangi; ki te tuohu koe, me maunga teitei.
Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain

Mark
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi People
I have now made a special place for people to introduce themselves, rather than here.
In Community there is a New Members forum.
The idea is to post New Topic and introduce yourselves there. :)

Thanks.
Mark

Return to “Introduction”