How to include a photo in your post. NEW! IMPROVED!!

Tips, Tricks and Advice about how to get the most out of this forum
Mark
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29132

How to include a photo in your post. NEW! IMPROVED!!

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:05 pm

An addition I've included to make posting you pics even easier ;)

You will now see, at the bottom left of every posting text box, a prompt to "Post a pic".
Just click on this and a window to "Postimage.org" will pop up.
This allows you to browse and select one or more images for placing in your post.
Don't alter the default image size (for message boards) unless you wish to reduce the size of the images.
Once you've selected the image(s) you want, click on "Upload" and the scripts needed will be written into your post.
Make sure you use the Family Friendly option, rather than the Adult one (your fellow forumites with thank you for your consideration!)
You can type your message before, between the individual image scripts, or after them.
Thumbnails will be inserted into your post. When readers click on the thumbnail they will be shown the larger image in Postimage.org.

Thanks to Chris (Nut17) for encouraging me to make this improvement.
Mark
I ache in the places where I used to play - Leonard Cohen

Nut17
Site Admin
NZMCA No: 15589

Re: How to include a photo in your post. NEW! IMPROVED!!

Postby Nut17 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:49 pm

I see that PostImage have been tinkering with their image hosting service and I find it more user friendly than ever now. The postage stamp sized images are now larger, making it easier to decide if you want to view the larger version or not. I have had no input with these improvements, but well done PostImage :TU

Cheers
Chris
Site Administrator admin@nzmotorhome.co.nz
Jayco Club New Zealand Member
2015 Jayco Silverline 25' 1200w Solar 600AH Lithium 250lt fresh/grey, 2KW Webasto diesel heater. 255lt Samsung inverter fridge
2015 Jeep GC Laredo Diesel 8 Speed + leather.

Nut17
Site Admin
NZMCA No: 15589

Re: How to include a photo in your post. NEW! IMPROVED!!

Postby Nut17 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:50 pm

You can also opt to post your photo without the surrounding advertising by making sure that the box titled "Allow sponsored links" is NOT ticked.

Cheers
Chris
Site Administrator admin@nzmotorhome.co.nz
Jayco Club New Zealand Member
2015 Jayco Silverline 25' 1200w Solar 600AH Lithium 250lt fresh/grey, 2KW Webasto diesel heater. 255lt Samsung inverter fridge
2015 Jeep GC Laredo Diesel 8 Speed + leather.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”