Covi Motorhome Show

Events, both motorhoming and cultural around the country
idex
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 30389

Covi Motorhome Show

Postby idex » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:04 pm

How did it go? If you went to it did you find anything worth telling us about? Was there anything new of interest? What were the best and worst features from your experience?
Bruce

Teardrop

Re: Covi Motorhome Show

Postby Teardrop » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Bruce, bigger than Campercare and probably overall a better show for those seriously interested in buying an RV of some sort - much much more variety. Even those like Jayco who had a presence at Campercare expanded it quite a bit at Covi. If I had to choose one, I would (sadly) go to Covi. As for the rally, that is one part I think Campercare wins hands down. Better area, more pleasant. No facilities at Covi - no dump station. We were one of about 5 or 6 parked under trees that seriously tested my battery capacity - no solar at all for three days.

Dene

markandirene
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 6244

Postby markandirene » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:13 pm

We also attended the Covi Motorhome Show which, in itself, was excellent. However, we were a little disappointed with the rally organisers who provided motorhome parking for the show. We found that they had little or no knowledge of the local area and couldn't point you in the right direction of getting to shops etc. Short of checking out maps online or via GPS, which many of the older motorhomers aren't too savvy with, a photocopied map of the rally parking area and adjacent event centre and trotting club, would have been most helpful as it was very easy to get disoriented. The sound system was very poor at the Brendan Dougan concert put on for all rally attendees. The room was very overcrowded with bar access very difficult, along with directions to the concert venue rather lacking. We had to ask others in the dining area downstairs where the concert venue was. Meals were served so slow, coupled to food running out at the carvery, that the concert had begun well before we had finished dining, although this was not the fault of the rally organisers.
NZMCA No. 6244. Traillite Motorhome on Mercedes Sprinter 518 CDI.

Zukiwi
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 26100

Postby Zukiwi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:38 am

I too thought it was good if you were looking for a caravan or moho, but rather lacking in accessory providers, especially outdoor things. I was looking for a dash cam but couldn't find any (except for one optimistic salesman who tried to get me to buy a $600+ GoPro).

Cheers
John
7m Fuso wide body, 240W solar, 440 A/h batteries, 2kW Eberspacher, 186L 3-way fridge, 400L topbox, 195L fresh, 200L grey, Suzuki Jimny toad with 4.7m OK Prowler fishing kayak, MTBs.

Return to “Gig Guide”