Great NZ Outdoor Show, Mt Maunganui, 19-20 September

Events, both motorhoming and cultural around the country
squashed
NZMCA No: 59392

Re: Great NZ Outdoor Show, Mt Maunganui, 19-20 September

Postby squashed » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you to everyone who camped in the "special" area reserved for our group. It was lovely meeting the forum members, such a friendly and helpful bunch.

I am looking forward to attending other events and highly recommend joining this crew, they will welcome you with open arms.

I apologise for not formally saying good bye to you all early Sunday morning. The foul weather kept campers tucked up warmly inside…..

Jan
I am not in any hurry … cos I am already home.

Roamnz
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 29430

Postby Roamnz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Great to meet you Jan, hope you had a good trip back to the big smoke.
Smillie H

hort1
Supporter
Supporter
NZMCA No: 50228

Postby hort1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:55 pm

First of all thank you Murray for the effort you put in to secure us the firm piece of ground to park on, and secondly thanks to the rest of you that turned up and made it the weekend it was. Great company with plenty of :lol: . Keen to do it again. :TU

Warwick & Bernadette
Warwick & Bernadette nzmca 50228 Mazda BT-50 Jayco 24ft Silverline Outback.800w solar, 200ah Lithium, 246 Water, 270 Grey Jayco Club New Zealand member.

squashed
NZMCA No: 59392

Postby squashed » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:25 pm

On my way home I took a break in Waihi where I grew up as a child. We lived in a railway house in the street where the historic train station is ( My dad worked for the railways when the line was still operating) . I parked the van at the station and then biked past our old house and continued along the newly opened Hauraki rail trail into Waikino - a mere 22km return trip. The last time I cycled the full trail, you had to catch a train for this section so I was pleased to relive some childhood memories. As kids we used to bike to Waikino taking short cuts no problem at all - with a packed lunch and no helmets!

It was great to see so many vans carrying bikes at the show. By far my favourite bike was Nutz 17 's little pink number, very cute!
I am very interested to know how Debbie and Andrew's future electric bike adventures pan out as well.

Jan
I am not in any hurry … cos I am already home.

Chicken
NZMCA No: 45040

Postby Chicken » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Great couple of days.....thanks to our hosts Chris and Margaret Nuttall..
Catch you back in the Bay..
Cheers
Colleen and Rex

Return to “Gig Guide”