Motorhomes "on the road". Routes, destinations, POP's, Activities, Employment etc
Forum rules: When posting images, please post only thumbnails that link to your image. This can be achieved using the "Message Board" option in PostImage.
Moderators may remove any images that do not conform with this request without notice.
This is in consideration of those members who have small data caps :-)
 #144536  by Mark
 Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 am
About 1 hour, from memory. 4WD road.
 #144552  by Mark
 Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:28 pm
We were trying to get to a landmark but were thwarted by a high tide.
 #144669  by Mark
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:45 am
Oops! Sorry, I forgot I had stalled this thread.

The landmark we were trying to get to was a lighthouse ....
 #144673  by Nut17
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:44 am
Just a blind guess :-T Cape Campbell :?:
 #144675  by Mark
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:02 am
Wrong coast, Chris.

We parked at a river. 4WD's were able to ford the river at low tide but we forded on foot carrying our bikes.
Then, after 1490 metres of up and then down again to sea level (with some minor downs in between), we forded another river.
That's where even the 4WD track ended and we headed out onto and then down the beach to this spot.
We couldn't quite see the lighthouse from here.

When we eventually got back to the river we had parked at, the tide had come in :roll: I had to carry the bikes across over my head because the water was up to my shoulders. Kathy was excused carrying her bike because the water was up to her chin!! :o
 #144684  by Mac50L
 Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:34 pm
Is the first ford the Anatioki River and the lighthouse at Kahurangi Point? if so did you get to the Pukatea Stream? There is an unnamed one before it.
 #144740  by Mark
 Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:04 pm
Sorry Mac - been away (meeting a group of forumites at the Motorhome show at Mystery Creek :-))

I think that's about as close as we are going to get.
It was actually the Anaweka river: beyond Anatori river (where we parked) and beyond Turimawiwi river which we forded on foot.
We had hoped to get at least as far as Big River - but the tides were just dead wrong.

Can't find Pukatea stream on the map, Mac - so don't know if we got there or not.
Oh - just searched Google maps and foune Pukatea Stream is a tributary of Turimawiwi. So, yes got beyond that down as far as the next river.

Your turn :-)
 #144741  by Mac50L
 Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:46 pm
We've driven down as far as you can go without fording the river a few times. I think we kayaked on the Wanganui inlet the last time and no further than that the time before, sitting looking at the rain falling and eating lunch before heading back to camp in Collingwood.

Now somewhere different from there-
Attachments
IMG_8862 reduced.JPG
Pay with Paymate Express