#139681  by jerryhattrick
 Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 pm
My fuso bus has an air tank specifically for the original air operated bifold passenger door. I discarded this door several years ago, but the tank and it’s fittings are still in place.
I recall someone on here suggesting that useing this as a supply for tyre inflation had been done successfully but I have been unable to find the post.
I’m hopping someone can help with some advice re the thread types and size of the fittings etc.
many thanks don
 #139695  by vansvilla
 Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:32 am
Can you get easy access to the tank? Some of those are buried underneath and between chassis rails.
On my Hi no I plumbed into the wet tank in the rear locker. It's easier to use if you have ready access.
What ever one you use the process is pretty easy. Make sure you let all the air out of all systems before removing any fittings, use the tank drains to do this.
Mostvtanks will have a blanking plug either At one end or along the top somewhere. Simply screw that out, and replace it with a threaded adaptor which will screw back in and screw into whatever female hose coupling you are using.
I use Aro brand coupling because already owned them.
On the tank I used for supply there was no blank so used a Tee fitting under the pressure relief valve.
Use lots of Ceylon rape when assembling the fittings, once fitted spray soapy water over the fittings once the sir has built up to check for leaks.
 #139772  by Zukiwi
 Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:30 pm
I've shifted this topic to a more appropriate forum.
jerryhattrick wrote:My fuso bus has an air tank specifically for the original air operated bifold passenger door. I discarded this door several years ago, but the tank and it’s fittings are still in place.
I recall someone on here suggesting that useing this as a supply for tyre inflation had been done successfully but I have been unable to find the post.
That was probably a post or 2 of mine - it should pop up if you search for something like tyre inflation Fuso and my forum name.

Anyway what I did (in my case with an MJ117F) after removing my redundant door opener valve was tap into the air tank that supplied it That aux tank was right in the front accessible through the little spare wheel hatch. As it supplied no other vital functions (clutch, brakes, etc) there was no risk of interfering with them. Simply added appropriate couplings to the vacant outlet line and a gas valve followed with a Nitto quick-release coupling. Now I can just plug an airline and inflator into the connector and get 110psi air to my tyres (or air gun or whatever). Need to keep the engine running as the tank is small capacity.

Cheers
John
Pay with Paymate Express