Cooking, baking, cleaning, loo pongs etc
 #142665  by Martine Bal
 Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:00 pm
Hello, we just bought a mercedes coach 0303 which has a great toilet aboard.
It seems to have a big water tank. I found an online manual for it but my question is does anyone have experience filling and emptying this sort of toilets? I still haven’t figured it out yet. :?:
 #142670  by Andrew and Debbie
 Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:05 am
https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/upl ... del-80.pdf

This could be the manual for your toilet.

Your toilet could be the same as toilets I have experienced in a couple of different tour coaches . The ones I have used have a holding tank under the toilet that is emptied via a hose that is connected to a slide valve under the holding tank. That is accessed from an outside side locker. it uses the contents of the holding tank to flush with with via a electric pump. You need toilet chemicals in the holding tank, otherwise the flush water is brown and yukky after it has been used a few times. Not a nice design, in my opinion. A separate flush water tank would be much more preferable.
After emptying the holding tank, an amount of clean water needs to be poured in via the toilet bowl with a hose or bucket. Just enough so the flush pump can start flushing.

Well that is how the ones I have used work, your may be different. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andrew
Pay with Paymate Express