Cooking, baking, cleaning, loo pongs etc
 #144985  by Dowly
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 pm
Any ideas how to clean under solar panels that are about 30 mm above the roof?
Over time there is a build up of "gunge" etc.
Would a 50/50 mixture sugar soap and water applied by a garden sprayer work? Then hose out.

Might seem a silly request but I'm sure there are a lot solar panels with small gaps on motor homes.

Dowly
 #144986  by scubadoo
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:08 pm
This still works perfectly for us:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=11964#p141364

For occasional use some of this $2 bottle undiluted sprayed under the panels and left to naturally dry and weather should achieve the desired effect.
https://shop.countdown.co.nz/Shop/Produ ... gLcNvD_BwE

Ours still look perfect underneath. :TU
 #145077  by MiriamNZ
 Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:36 pm
Had occasion to remove the solar panels, exposing he grunge underneath, Aasmall forrest of moss and what not. A 10 yr old vehicle, with 10yr old solar panels, so a 10yr growth of moss.
When I removed the grunge the roof paint was in perfect condition. Unlike the paint not hidden under the solar panels and moss.
I vote to leave the grunge be.

Cheers
Miriam
 #145078  by Growlerbearnz
 Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:33 pm
It must be spring cleaning time! Today I was contemplating exactly this as I washed the caravan.

In the end I just hosed all the leaves out from underneath and called it done- but I'll be following in case someone's got a good solution!
 #145937  by DarrenM
 Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:01 am
MiriamNZ wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:36 pm
Had occasion to remove the solar panels, exposing he grunge underneath, Aasmall forrest of moss and what not. A 10 yr old vehicle, with 10yr old solar panels, so a 10yr growth of moss.
When I removed the grunge the roof paint was in perfect condition. Unlike the paint not hidden under the solar panels and moss.
I vote to leave the grunge be.

Cheers
Miriam
Totally agree, well provided its not a such a farm under there you should be paying rates on it.
Otherwise perhaps the sun is the enemy and anything between it and the paint is more friend than foe
 #147031  by Allanz44
 Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 am
Gutter whiskers
They are a long brush designed to stop .Leaves etc getting into your home gutters
They also make a great bottle brush able to slide between your roof and panels for a clean up
Pay with Paymate Express