Cooking, baking, cleaning, loo pongs etc
 #107710  by changstar
 Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:17 am
The fold out table had been removed from our caravan and I want to replace it.

I've looked through Trademe and here but can't find where to get one, does any one have any suggestions?

The other option is for me to make one, the only issue is I can't see any clear pictures on the mechanism.
The sort I'm talking about is the kind that sit between to bench seats and they look like they fold in 3 parts and sit on top of drawers.

Could somebody take a few photos of how they lock in place and hing placements?
 #107714  by petercw
 Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:10 pm
Hope this will help.. Ours works great... The hinges are called piano hinges.

Note the way the hinges go.. One is inbetween the tops and the other is under neath..

If this works for you then pm me and I will get the measurements to you.. Cheers

#107720  by changstar
 Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:28 pm
Thank you that is exactly what I'm after.

Measurements would be great please.

The hing that sits in between is it set in to the would so there will be no gap?
 #107749  by petercw
 Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:57 am
OK will attend to it today.. :TU
 #107759  by petercw
 Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:59 am
Herewith PDF diagram and photos..

PDF Diagram of Measurements of table Top

Panel A measure and hinged to B

Panel A to B hinge closed position

Panel B & C hinge

Panel B measure and attached below to C

Panel B to C closed position

Panel B to C position

Panels closed on top of cabinet

Table open on front leg upright

Table top measured at 118cm

Table_width_measure

Total table measure

Under top fixed upright leg

Suggest you do a cardboard template to get measurements correct for your cabinet top.
Let me know if you require more info.
For the top use a heavy particle board type board, ours is laminated and has lasted nearly 30 years but a solid wood type would be nice and about the same weight...it easy to use... just lift and pull forward in one movement..Easy AS..
cheers
:D
 #107948  by changstar
 Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:32 pm
Thank you PeterCW

You have gone far beyond what I expected, so thanks again, this has been a massive help.
It looks like it won't be to hard, i'm bidding on a table on trademe 1600mm so will use this if I win.
I just need to get a set of drawers now to use as a base. Could you give me the table top height from the floor?

What year is your Oxford? my 150 reg says 87 but it may be older.
I'll be hitting you up for kitchen dimensions next, I'd like to get it as close to original as I can.

Thanks
Alan
 #107957  by petercw
 Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:21 pm
Glad to help, this forum has helped me a lot too.

My set of drawers is sitting on carpet so it's 660mm from the top of The carpet, that does not include a commercial wool carpet and 12mm underlay.. So probably total from floor 675mm, however.. We hv single mattresses on our seating area which helps raise us up but the drawers look standard for the MH..

Ours is a C.I.Muroe Motorhome built in 1985.
I think your height would be up to what you buy and how you set up you seating.
Cheers
 #109299  by John Lee
 Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:22 am
Fantastic example of the fraternity on this forum :TU :TU

Now this is a mechanism I picked up from a caravan expo here in CHC a few years ago. I had used it in my previous Jayco with the Jayco top attached as I disliked the fixed table leg bolted to the floor. At least my current table in my Jayco slides so that is tolerable.
I have kept the old mechanism as it stores well out of the way in the vertical position. It is handy under the awning & stable. We use it at home too. Currently a piece of ply is attached to the mechanism.
So there's another option for you. I don't know if the supplier is still in business :roll:
I'm fairly sure I recall the fabricator factory where this was made in Addington in CHC. I recall the dealer saying he'd had them made to his own design as he couldn't find anything suitable. He had the Leisureline agency at the time.

Pay with Paymate Express