Cooking, baking, cleaning, loo pongs etc
 #130905  by mattn
 Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:46 am
Also be aware its illegal to import good with plugs that are not New Zealand complaint. If detected they will be turned around at the border.

TBH - When it comes to 240V electrical gear, $10 bits from ali or ebay is not the way I go. At least if you buy from a NZ retailer (its probably the same sh!t) there are things that can be done for you, posthumously if needed :shock: .
 #130911  by springheal
 Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:39 pm
Hardly needs a reply to that comment. However, after living in China for a number of years, I was well educated :o

My findings stand.
Last edited by Zukiwi on Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: deletion of redundant quote of immediate prior post
 #130921  by Zukiwi
 Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:41 pm
born again wrote:springheel,I dont were you have been lately but china make some good stuff now.
Born again, if I understand your criticism properly, I don't think springheal was being disparaging about Chinese goods, but simply saying:
springheal wrote:Build quality is typical of chinese goods.
whatever you can read into that. It doesn't seem negative to me. You could honestly make similar comments about American or European goods. The other comments appear to be factual and maybe based on experience?

Personally, I have bought several items from China via Aliexpress lately and so far have been very happy with them, thanks largely to recommendations of people like Neddy.

Cheers
John
 #130925  by Nut17
 Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:35 am
Back to the original question. Marg has had a succession of camping hair dryers from virtually useless 12v models to 300 - 600w 230v models and in most cases have found them frustrating and time consuming. Luckily for me we now have the electrical energy generation and storage to enable the use of her 2000 watt machine. "Happy Wife - Happy Life" :) :D

Cheers
Chris
 #138902  by imogen52
 Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:17 am
Thanks Chris. My aim, better electricity! :-)
Pay with Paymate Express