Cooking, baking, cleaning, loo pongs etc
 #142320  by caneman
 Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:02 pm
We have recently purchased a Bailey Senator caravan that looks like it needs a good polish to bring it back to some semblance of a shine again , can anybody suggest a product to use & would be need an electric buffer to apply this
 #142328  by Andycap
 Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:12 pm
Hi ,Firstly is your caravan alluminium or fibreglass. Products do differ for these differant surfaces .On ally i`ve allways used CRC products the last few years ,There`s cut and polish which is harsher and will cut through a paint coat ,and Polish and wax .Allways have a go with the least abrasive first . I`ve allways applied by hand ,(much more control for only applying with as much pressure as needed) ,doing a small section at a time . Yes by all means get an electric buffer as they do save some serious elbow work for finishing the polishing off but lightly does it as these too can `burn` the paintwork if pressed too hard . Andy .
 #142362  by caneman
 Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:15 am
Thanks Andy , i believe that the front & rear sections are moulded plastic or fibreglass & the sides & roof aluminium , ill have a look thru the CRC range Cheers Brent
 #142405  by Hendo44
 Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:00 am
I use a product called XT 88 on our Swift caravan and the Colorado 4x4, not into hard work buffing anymore, google XT88 and read the reviews, NZ product made in Whangarei, and reasonable price.
 #142411  by Andycap
 Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:47 am
Hi Grant ,so this xt88, doesn`t it create problems on your glass /windscreen etc . didn`t think glass and polish /protectant went well together ?? Andy .
Pay with Paymate Express