Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #148029  by born again
 Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm
my wife went to bunnings today to do a swapa bottle and checked the expirie dates on most of the bottles in the cage with the bunnings employee and found that most of the expirie dates could not be read , my wife asked the young lady why this is and she had no idea ( lack of staff knowledge )
we have found this every time that we want to swap a bottle most of the time the date is out of date on a newly filled bottle, is this legal,your thoughts please.
 #148030  by Andycap
 Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm
Hi ,Gas bottles are checked/serviced/tested/refurbished etc and then given a 10 yr life at that point . The date on the bottle is when this was done ,so you have got 10 yrs life out of this bottle from that date .,irrespective of when you actually buy it .After then most people just buy a` new` one .
It should have TEST DATE and then the figures which you can easily see around the rim of the bottle along with the other weight figures. Better to buy your bottle from an authorised gas supplier in my opinion rather than a diy person /company .As the cost of the actual bottle is very small averaged out over 9-10 yrs then to me thats not an issue, as by far your main cost is the actual gas .Allways better/cheaper to have your own bottle filled with gas by a reputable firm who will do the necersarry checks at this time than relying on swap-a-bottle .
 #148032  by mattn
 Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:21 pm
Its illegal to fill a bottle unless the test date is clearly marked and its less than 10 years since tested. It is not illegal to use a bottle that has 'expired'.
Pay with Paymate Express