Anything related to motorhoming not covered in any other forums.
 #151382  by wolfgang1983
 Mon May 13, 2019 8:58 pm
Hi,

I have a camptech caymen size 18 awning.

For stormy / windy conditions I would like to get some more inside poles to strengthen it up like in image

Where may I get them in.

Thank you
Attachments
pole-2.png
 #151391  by Carren
 Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am
Try UK Caravans in Christchurch. I got some there ( can order online). They re not exactly the same as the ones that came with my awning but they work fine.

Out of curiosity, did you pull the piles out just for the photo? Assuming you don’t have them like that all the time.
 #151392  by wolfgang1983
 Tue May 14, 2019 9:22 am
Carren wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am
Try UK Caravans in Christchurch. I got some there ( can order online). They re not exactly the same as the ones that came with my awning but they work fine.

Out of curiosity, did you pull the piles out just for the photo? Assuming you don’t have them like that all the time.
It not my awning I just got photo off internet
 #151401  by Carren
 Tue May 14, 2019 12:14 pm
Oh! Was just curious because I have never seen the poles pulled out like that ever. Doubt it’s how they are designed to work but maybe someone felt pulling them out like that gave the awning added stability. Just a bit odd.
wolfgang1983 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:22 am
Carren wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 am
Try UK Caravans in Christchurch. I got some there ( can order online). They re not exactly the same as the ones that came with my awning but they work fine.

Out of curiosity, did you pull the piles out just for the photo? Assuming you don’t have them like that all the time.
It not my awning I just got photo off internet
 #151420  by mattn
 Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
The awning is braced in that direction by the roof poles. Better to add more roof poles than do that. The weak direction is front to back. Diagonal poles from center top to cornerbottom would work for that, but guy ropes are as effective.

However thesecawnings are pretty strong to start with. If you need more bracing you probably should not have it up. The fabric will stretch and be ruined before the poles break if put up properly.
 #151421  by wolfgang1983
 Tue May 14, 2019 9:03 pm
mattn wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:41 pm
The awning is braced in that direction by the roof poles. Better to add more roof poles than do that. The weak direction is front to back. Diagonal poles from center top to cornerbottom would work for that, but guy ropes are as effective.

However thesecawnings are pretty strong to start with. If you need more bracing you probably should not have it up. The fabric will stretch and be ruined before the poles break if put up properly.
I am new to caravan life I am living in my one full time on a temp site. I have not got my awning up yet still in it's box. Because I am still waiting on my long term site.
Pay with Paymate Express