#145183  by Mark
 Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 am
An update on my battery monitor. (#4 in Neddy's list)

The monitor worked perfectly for 3 days.
Then It started showing a permanent outflow of current of 373.8 amps.
The voltage had a sensible reading.

The manufacturer responded (reasonably) quickly to my question about resetting the device.
However resetting thinks didn't fix it: it just resulted in the current reading 0.0A (while my clampmeter showed variously -3.5A and +.5A depending on whether I had the fridge on or was charging with a smart charger.
The Battery capacity could not be set: it just reverted to 0.0.

Responses to my testing and requests of "where to from here?" have been met with only sporadic replies.
I have now resolved to try to get a refund.

On the basis of this experience, I would not recommend this one.
But those of you who have been on the forum for a while will know that I am a well known "Jonah" (particularly when it come to battery monitors - no problems with the Votronic, mind you!)
 #145188  by Karmann57
 Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 am
I am still very happy with number 3 on the list, which I installed in January 2018. Working perfectly.
 #145196  by NeilV
 Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:11 pm
Yep, my #3 was installed in 2015 and is still ticking along fine too :TU
 #145229  by Mark
 Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:08 pm
The supplier of my monitor has agreed to send a replacement Hall sensor and control unit (after I raised a dispute on eBay).
 #145238  by DarrenM
 Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:24 pm
Ah yes, its amazing the action a dispute on ebay or aliexpress can achieve... everything is sorted in minutes. well plus a couple weeks delivery of course
 #145246  by Mark
 Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:45 pm
Yes, I've found that in the past. I can only think that most people can't be bothered - otherwise the vendors would be more responsive from the outset.
 #145258  by petercw
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:56 am
Due to some incorrect info the supplier put up on trade me for a product I had bought I wrote a really bad review of them... Boy did that get them going.. Couldn't be nicer.. Finally after a month of to and fro I got a full , including courier, refund and returned the item.
I then down graded the review to a passive response as they had corrected their info too. It wasn't entirely their fault as they had copied the info from another overseas well used info sheet but had failed to read it correctly as it applied to their model...Hmm
 #145263  by Neddy
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:07 pm
Was the faulty "product" a Battery Monitor, Peter?
If so, what model was it?

Neville.
Pay with Paymate Express