#145269  by petercw
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:28 pm
No as I'm still reading all your info here and digesting it.. It was for a security alarm part.
 #145274  by Neddy
 Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm
It sounded as though you had had trouble with one of the "low cost battery monitor" suppliers!

The #10 battery monitor that I bought for our new van works really well BUT it has turned out to be practically impossible to run a cable to where I want to mount the readout unit so I will be forced to get one of the wireless models. No reasonable offer refused for the #10 which would of course come with my personal money-back guarantee.........

Neville.
 #145672  by pipeking
 Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:39 pm
Neddy wrote:It sounded as though you had had trouble with one of the "low cost battery monitor" suppliers!

The #10 battery monitor that I bought for our new van works really well BUT it has turned out to be practically impossible to run a cable to where I want to mount the readout unit so I will be forced to get one of the wireless models. No reasonable offer refused for the #10 which would of course come with my personal money-back guarantee.........

Neville.
what does the display look like teddy, contrast wise, in the photo (you mentioned) it looked a little fuzzy? I could be keen if you still have it? :TU how long are the cables?
 #145680  by Mark
 Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:55 am
pipeking wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Neddy! sorry it autocorrected :oops:
That sounds like a feature that would become very popular :)
 #145731  by pipeking
 Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:02 pm
Mark wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:55 am
pipeking wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:40 pm
Neddy! sorry it autocorrected :oops:
That sounds like a feature that would become very popular :)
its good for people who can't spell like me, just hit space and it fixes all my mistakes, but sometimes it decides its a bit clever for its own good.
 #152055  by Neddy
 Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:57 pm
For me, the Juntek monitor (#6) is the pick of the bunch. It does everything I want, and a whole lot more besides.
Juntek.JPG
My "must have" list was quite short - the unit had to :-
Show battery voltage, current and State Of Charge simultaneously.
Offer Wireless connectivity between shunt unit and readout.
Be well made, really accurate and look good.

This monitor comes in 30 amp, 50 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp and 300 amp versions.
I got the 100 amp model which cost just NZ$40, freight free.

The wireless range is advertised as 10 meters and it certainly works just fine for me at about 4 meters. Wireless operation makes siting the units really easy. All the monitor needs is a 12 volt (or a 5 volt) power supply so can be sited pretty much anywhere at all in the vehicle. If you prefer a cable connection, standard USB micro cables can be utilised.

Basic battery monitor functions are easily set up - just as well, given the poor quality manual. Should you want to add Hi/Lo voltage or current alarms etc, a very good review/user guide can be found at http://evbitz.uk/EVBitz.uk/Other_Stuff. ... 0Guide.pdf

From my perspective, this is a far better unit than "others" costing nearly seven times as much.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302390 ... 7f43f96fec

Neville.
 #152069  by pipeking
 Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Neddy wrote:For me, the Juntek monitor (#6) is the pick of the bunch. It does everything I want, and a whole lot more besides.
Juntek.JPG
My "must have" list was quite short - the unit had to :-
Show battery voltage, current and State Of Charge simultaneously.
Offer Wireless connectivity between shunt unit and readout.
Be well made, really accurate and look good.

This monitor comes in 30 amp, 50 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp and 300 amp versions.
I got the 100 amp model which cost just NZ$40, freight free.

The wireless range is advertised as 10 meters and it certainly works just fine for me at about 4 meters. Wireless operation makes siting the units really easy. All the monitor needs is a 12 volt (or a 5 volt) power supply so can be sited pretty much anywhere at all in the vehicle. If you prefer a cable connection, standard USB micro cables can be utilised.

Basic battery monitor functions are easily set up - just as well, given the poor quality manual. Should you want to add Hi/Lo voltage or current alarms etc, a very good review/user guide can be found at http://evbitz.uk/EVBitz.uk/Other_Stuff. ... 0Guide.pdf

From my perspective, this is a far better unit than "others" costing nearly seven times as much.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302390 ... 7f43f96fec

Neville.
I thought you said #8 didn't have an Ah display Neddy?

I went for #6, started another thread sorry because I couldn't find this one. It didn't come with any instructions :roll: haha I think someone else said something about that
Pay with Paymate Express