#152072  by Neddy
 Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm
"I thought you said #8 didn't have an Ah display Neddy? "
All I said about #8 was "Has all 5 important parameters.
plus a couple of unwanted extras, so more cluttered than it need be".

Maybe you made a typo and really meant #6, about which I did say "No AmpHour display.", Because it doesn't have one.

My comments on the "poor quality" Juntek manual were unduly harsh. It is actually a reasonably good manual covering a simple installation quite well, but it barely mentions many of the units more advanced features. I could scan its nine A5 pages for you, if you like.
Have you downloaded the five A4 page User Guide provided by Martin Winlow?
There is another nine A4 page guide downloadable from, https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ez36gf781444 ... l.doc?dl=0 though it is phrased in exquisite Chinglish.

Installation of this meter is so simple that a manual is barely necessary.
(1) The big shunt terminal next to the green connector block connects to the battery Negative terminal.
(2) The other big shunt terminal connects to the negative Bus bar and all system Negatives.
(3) Run a thin wire from the battery Positive terminal to the green terminal block point labelled VIN.
(4) Connect the Shunt unit to the Meter unit using the supplied USB cable. That's it!

Neville.
 #152087  by pipeking
 Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:04 pm
Sorry I'm such a muppet, yes I mean I bought #8 (not the Juntek one)

I am having a bit of a mare getting it working too... I asked the seller for instructions and received a wiring diagram, not needed as it couldn't be much simpler... still waiting on a response to my reply from them.

I connected it today, can't seem to calibrate it? I found a screen which allowed me to set Ah cap, voltage high and low and something else, I set the Ah capacity to 260 (I have brand new 260Ah batteries from AA solar) and its saying I am on 38% !! which cannot be right? god I hope not anyway

Any one else got this meter???
 #152090  by Paul
 Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi normally with these after batteries on charge for 24 hours on a 230v charger set % charge to 100 . Paul
 #152113  by pipeking
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:27 pm
Paul wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Hi normally with these after batteries on charge for 24 hours on a 230v charger set % charge to 100 . Paul
cheers Paul

yea its just a matter of working out which of the 3 buttons to hold together, I worked it out and simultaneously received the instructions in classic 'chinglish' around the same time! (after threats of opening a dispute) amazing how well that works :TU
 #152217  by Neddy
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 pm
Initially I thought that this meter was unable to make AmpHour power charge/discharge measurements.
It can. The meter has two display modes. Here is the default “Monitoring” screen.
Jfront.JPG

Here is the “Measurement/Setup” screen.
JuntekSetup.JPG
AmpHour readings appear as at point (9) on the diagram, prefixed by the text CHArge or DIScharge as appropriate. The counter reads to 0.001Ah and can be re-set to zero by use of the CLR (Clear) function. This also resets the clock to zero and begins timing. This makes it very easy to measure your overnight battery drawdown, for example. Similarly it can directly measure battery capacity.

Incredible value for just $40.
I have had Battery Monitors that cost well over ten times that – but were not as good.

Neville.
 #152738  by Hugh
 Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:15 pm
I ordered a Juntek model with 100 amp shunt; arrived yesterday, upon closer inspection the shunt is marked 200A. We mostly do not flow more than a few amps other than occasionally we use the 600w inverter . As a precaution I have raised a dispute as I am presuming with the range now 200A vs 100A will mean that the accuracy especially at low amps will not be so good. Is this assumption valid? Views, experiences welcomed.
Tks >>>Hugh
 #152741  by Neddy
 Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:03 pm
I wouldn't worry, Hugh. I think you will find that both the 100amp and 200amp versions will read to 0.1 of an Amp and 0.001 of an Ah with equal accuracy. The all-important "Battery %" figure is to the nearest 1% regardless of shunt size.

Neville.
Pay with Paymate Express