#154869  by NeilV
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:41 am
Neddy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:58 am
The thin (blue) wires are the shunt "Sense" leads. You are measuring minute voltages across the shunt and the wires carrying this cannot be shared with anything else at all - not even the meter's own power supply.

Neville.
Bugger ! That must be why my one is still so inaccurate 🤦🏼‍♂️
I have a Juntek (#6) on the way as I thought it must be my monitor at fault :oops:

Will try wire it a different earth and see if that improves it :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #154873  by Karmann57
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
Neilv, wire exactly as per your diagram and the monitor works fine. The Black GRND wire is the main ground for the looped red +ve leads. As Neddy says the Green and Blue wires are the critical measurement sensors so must be wired as shown. I used very fine audio leads for all my connections because the monitor is drawing very little current, but the sensors must be wired accurately.
 #154874  by NeilV
 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:50 pm
Karmann57 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:37 pm
Neilv, wire exactly as per your diagram and the monitor works fine. The Black GRND wire is the main ground for the looped red +ve leads. As Neddy says the Green and Blue wires are the critical measurement sensors so must be wired as shown. I used very fine audio leads for all my connections because the monitor is drawing very little current, but the sensors must be wired accurately.
Yeah I used 8 strand cat6 and thought I could just use both for the ground as they seemed to go the same way (and I had two, as I have AGM starters and wanted to monitor them both/all)
Now I’m switching one to the #6 Juntek, (want the wireless so I can mount the main monitor in a more convenient place anyway) I can use the other four freed up wires and have the negatives separated :-T
 #154893  by NeilV
 Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 pm
RaymonD wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:28 pm
I recall reading that if the sensor wires are long, it was recommended that the pair be twisted..
Which is why I went with Cat6 (twisted pair) cables initially... here’s hoping the Juntek wireless works even better :D
Pay with Paymate Express