#146714  by Mark
 Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:32 pm
I can see some of you shaking your heads, with a wry smile at this news.

I ordered a 1000w PSW inverter from AliExpress to charge some occasional devices (not a fridge!).
This was a month ago.

Tracked the item yesterday to find that the seller has decided not to supply. No reason given.

I am now running out of time to get such things sorted before our summer holiday and so have bought the WaveInverter recommended by a couple of people on this thread off TradeMe.

Maybe I'll have to now buy a Samsung fridge to give it something to do!!
 #146715  by Nut17
 Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:28 pm
You are not the only one to have the occasional hiccup with Aliexpress Mark. I have had a couple of "no shows" and one item completely different to that ordered. Fortunately the dispute process appears fairly robust. I did lose one $40.00 battle though - my fault in the end.
Your WaveInverter model will perform perfectly.
 #146732  by DarrenM
 Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:05 am
Oh man that sucks. Maybe I have been lucky, years of dealings and much money spent with never a problem worse than waiting almost four weeks once around Chinese new year.

But, I do tend towards suppliers with good feedback, selling products with good feedback, especially where that feedback is from happy customers in New Zealand, something I often forget to check on trademe which may have contributed to my increasingly bad opinion of that particular site
 #146736  by Mark
 Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:04 am
Haha! By the time I've tracked down what I want (and found the cheapest version - landed in NZ) I've run out of puff and don't ever think to check the store feedback. Maybe I should, now.
 #146765  by Mark
 Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:46 am
From the user guide of the Wave Inverter device, which arrived yesterday:
"Some electrical equipment is not compatible with power inverters. Typically some types of devices that incorporate a rechargeable battery eg portable lights, shavers, or the battery chargers of certain power tools ...."

Well, that's a bit of a turn up :o

I intend to use the inverter for charging: my netbook computer, a Bluetooth speaker and a Ryobi One 18V battery pack.

Is the warning just a case of the supplier/manufacturer covering their backside - or do I really have a problem?
 #146770  by Paul
 Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:56 am
Hi Mark. Which inverter have you got ? In my experience non pure sine-wave inverters can have problems with certain devices. Paul
 #146772  by Skiwi
 Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:22 pm
As long as you have a pure sine wave inverter of sufficient wattage you will be fine, they are designed to be indistinguishable for 230v mains power as far as the appliance is concerned.

Cheers
Skiwi
 #146774  by Mark
 Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 pm
This is the one I've got.
https://waveinverter.co.nz/shop/power-inverter/300w/

Advertised as a PSW but why then would they put this warning in their Owner's Manual?

I have assumed it is just backside-covering and have installed it anyway.
Pay with Paymate Express