#146016  by Rustyw
 Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:15 pm
Recently purchased 2016 roller team discovery and would like to know is the switch under driver seat for turning off house battery or vehicle. Plus can the 3way fridge stay on 12v while you go shopping. Rustyw.
 #146183  by jspencer
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:03 am
Switches are there to be switched I suppose! Make sure you are at home and switch it then check what works!
The fridge should be OK on 12v for an hour or two but will quickly drain your house battery unless you have a solar panel (fit one if you haven't already).
 #146187  by 96coaster
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:34 am
On some MH's , the 12 volt fridge system will only work with the engine running, this being to avoid flattening house batteries I assume.
 #146198  by Derb
 Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:54 pm
I would not even consider running a 3-way fridge on 12v without the engine running - regardless of how long you estimate your shopping will take. They are absolute pigs on power consumption! Up to 13 amps! What if you take longer than you expected and forget about the fridge - hey, it happens. A solar system would have to be pretty darn impressive to make a dent in that drain regardless of weather.
 #146201  by Roamnz
 Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 am
From our ten years of experience as long as you haven’t opened and shut your two or three way fridge door several times in the previous two hours while the fridge has been connected, your fridge should be fine left unpowered for several hours. Take for instance the ferry trip across Cook Strait, most people do the responsible and legal thing and turn off their gas bottles during the trip. The trip time and unloading time on the dock can be around four hours sometimes, this has never caused fridge issues for us.
Pay with Paymate Express